Tier points on Aer Lingus for flights with BA codeshare

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Ah-Mahdi
    Participant

Does anyone knows if you get full tier points and avios on Aer Lingus for flights Dublin – USA if it is booked through BA and with BA codeshare ?
    As I was trying to see through the Tier point calculator , putting Dublin-JFK as BA gives 140 tier points but as Aer lingus gives nothing.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Not sure about EI but why not consider US? Last year I made the following to LAS, in Bus or higher on domestic
    US DUB CLT 140
    US CLT ORD 60
    AA ORD LAS 60
    AA LAS DFW 60
    BA DFW LHR 140
    Transfer at CLT was easy as US immigration was in DUB so I was just a domestic transfer

As you can see, it earned 460 TPs. I forgot to fly back to DUB or I could have earned even more TPs 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ah-Mahdi
    Participant

Thanks Faro Flyer, I have done that over Christmas DUB-PHL-CLT-DFW-ORD-PHL-MAN in Business, over 520 Tier points and less than 1400£ on US-AA

Nogbad01
    Participant

I have done MAN-DUB and back a couple of times and got the usual 20 tier points each way. But…
    A couple of weeks ago, I did MAN-DUB-LGW and LGW-DUB-MAN and got a measly 25 tier points for the whole lot.
    Maybe due to booking on the multi-city thing on the BA site, but just a heads up. Make sure you check when booking.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

A side question and apologies for high jacking thread…. but does code sharing give lounge access. i.e. flying Dublin to London on BA flight, can I access the Air Lingus lounge….?

PatJordan
    Participant

I had a look at: https://www.aerlingus.com/experience-aer-lingus/loyalty/lounges/

It makes no mention of BA codeshare passengers.

My instinct (and it is no more than my instinct) is that if the BA codeshare was flexible, then it should include EI Lounge access.

Failing that, Dublin Airport Authority Lounges grant access to BAEC members.

Sorry I can’t be clearer, Martyn. Possibly another poster may have more information.

icenspice
    Participant

I have flown AA from Dublin and had access to the Aer Lingus lounge along with a non-status passenger.

If flying BA metal Martyn, you will be in the wrong terminal for the EI lounge.

AFAIK ?

icenspice
    Participant

Apologies Ah-Mahdi. I don’t know the answer to your question ?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@icenspice – the third party lounge BA uses is a mere 100 yards or so from the EI lounge…

Nogbad01
    Participant

The weird thing is, you can use the lounge when travelling on a BA codeshare if travelling to London, but NOT if travelling anywhere else such as Manchester.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls