Thomson Airways B757-200 v2 Short-haul

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

matthewsavah
    Participant

This was the route from Manchester to Cape Verde and then Cape Verde back to Manchester, it was fitted on a cramped Boeing 757-200, but as this was a 5-6 hour flight I was expecting PTV’s, but they had cramped Overhead TV’s (Old school!) But I was expecting overhead TV’s because the short-short runway at Boa Vista is so small it can only accomodate small planes like the A320, Boeing 737 and Boeing 757.

The food was okay (This flight was just before the in-flight meal was scrapped) The staff were great, the food and drink was a little bit pricey but we couldn’t afford much drinks because we were staying at the RIU all-inclusive hotel so we only brought about £45 spending money.

I tried to get some sleep as I was shattered, it was a 5 hour flight with a 5 hour delay and I couldn’t even get some sleep, the legroom is also atrocious. When someone reclines their seat you get no legroom at all and you can feel the weight of the seat and the person on you!

The boarding was fast and easy at Manchester but at Boa Vista it was a nightmare, Boa Vista is a brand new airport on the new-tourist destination Cape Verde, it is an island in development, there is second-to none security, there is no computers so back then you got boarding cards that were written in pen. The runway was like dry sand so it was a very bumpy takeoff and on the way back we were back on the same cramped Boeing 757.

I wish they operated the Boeing 767 on the routes because they have PTV’s but obviously the runway is too short. I would like to go back to Cape Verde but not until they have increased their length of runway and the Boeing 787/767 can accomadate the runway. Oh and the baggage was as we left it.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your flight (Not!)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls