Thomas Cook Airlines B767-300 Long haul

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

gooner2233
    Participant

Went to Cancun x2 last year (April and October). The first flight in the April was fine and the seat pitch was good, and I would say it was 33″ but when we went on the October the flight it was very uncomfortable indeed with only a 29″ pitch for a 10+ hour flight. I complained to Thomas Cook and was given an answer that the seat pitch is comparable with other long haul carriers?

Row 2 C,D,E and F on the way back was even more uncomfortable. As these seats are offset with 3 in front on row one it was very difficult to put your legs in a comfortable position.

teribaby
    Participant

You complained to Thomas Cook…because????
    Did you want compensation????
    You have multiple choices to CUN, may i suggest as an educated consumer that you fly an airline that has the sea pitch you desire.
    Should I choose to suffer in 29″, seat pitch, i hope you will allow me to suffer in peace.

PaulNeumann
    Participant

“Teribaby” – what is the reason for your petulant outburst? gooner2233 was giving us valuable information on an important aspect of this flight. The pitch angle is important for a long-haul flight and by providing us with this information it saves potential customers time and money in deciding which airline they choose for this sector. Also, as you well know, gooner2233 did not ask for compensation, he merely pointed out the problem to Thomas Cook, as he has every right to do.

Teribaby, get a life!

gooner2233
    Participant

I complained to Thomas cook because they advertise that the seat pitch on long haul holidays is a 33″ pitch which was what we got on the flights in the April, went to Cancun again in the November and the plane they used was only a 29″ pitch which was a bit of a pain for a 10 1/2 hour flight, if we had known the second flight would be a 29″ pitch we possibly would have looked at an alternative but its a bit late when you actually get on the aircraft. someone we spoke to on the same flight did get a £150 pp compensation but we got nothing just a statement saying that “the seat pitch is comparable to other carriers”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls