Thomas Cook Airlines A330-200 (Short/med-haul) Short/medium-haul

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Festering
    Participant

If Thomas Cook could charge for using the toilets they would! If they could use them as extra seating they would do that to, in fact they are probably more comfortable.

The only reason to use Thomas Cook at all is that their flights times are sometimes more favourable. That certainly is the case with me, otherwise I can see no earthly, or indeed heavenly, reason why anyone would fly Thomas Cook.

Four and half hours in a flying sardine can with 200 miserable passengers being milked dry by uniformed staff with pasted on smiles is just on the limit of my tolerance levels.

Being disabled is no joke though and asking for extra leg room is fraught with problems. The first and not least is that once upon a memory TC bless them gave invalids a 90 day window in which to secure those seats allocated for persons such as myself, and we were happy in the knowledge that our seats were secure.
    Now even with a doctors letter you have to wait on TCs good graces on your arrival at the airport! For passengers with severe leg and hip problems this is a serious concern. Even worse as I have experienced twice on the return flights is that whether you have booked or not priority is given to paying able bodied passengers. I have seen disabled old folk in tears because of this blatant money over manners attitude by dear old TC.

While I shall never fly with TC again I am pleased to say that currently I am in the process of legal proceedings against them for their failure to comply with EC regulations. Wish me luck! (Whoops sounds like I,m just boarding a TC flight doesn’t it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls