This fare does not earn Executive Club Tier Points

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

viking01
    Participant

And while I’m on about it, having booked this leisure fare (operated by British Airways), I’m told

* You could earn 10 Tier Points on a round trip

* This fare does not earn Executive Club Tier Points

So what use are TPs that aren’t Exec Club Tier points?

VintageKrug
    Participant

All fares should earn at least some TPs.

Was this, perchance, a flight booked in concert with a hotel booking?

And, just to cover off all bases, you state “operated by British Airways” – does that mean a BA flight number, BA crew and aircraft and not a non-oneworld affiliate?

viking01
    Participant

Yes, it’s a BA flight on BA metal – I’ve already swapped my seats around on the A319 on the route.

No hotel booked – will sort accommodation, possibly a friend’s villa – later.

I’ve just tried a different booking – London to Barcelona, mid-March next year, selected any old flights (though with a Saturday night stay between) and the same thing comes up, namely

* Operated by British Airways

* You could earn 10 Tier Points on a round trip

* This fare does not earn Executive Club Tier Points

This return journey could earn you 716 BA Miles. Click here for more information

globetraveller360
    Participant

Why do you ppl get stressed out regards to BA’s tier points…I dont have the patience with this airline and their Exec club…i moved away years ago!!!!

Airpocket
    Participant

Globetraveller has the rght idea.Just be done with BA. I prefer KLM for European/short-haul flights because, regardless of the booking class, you do actually accrue miles and can make a steady ascent towards higher membership levels.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Tier Points and BA Miles are earned on all BA flights, even the least expensive.

Most oneworld flights will also accrue BA Miles and Tier Points, excluding those on AA between the USA and London.

viking01
    Participant

OK, so sorry about being the dumbest guy in the room, but what’s the difference between tier points and exec club tier points?

And if you’ve given up on BA you others, why are you in the BA section of the forum, there must be a star alliance forum somewhere on here where everyone is giving each other high fives…

flyingformiles
    Participant

Tier Points / Exec Club Tier Points – all the same thing.

I suspect it’s just a bug in the BA systems that it’s not displaying the tier points. As VintageKrug says, all BA flights now earn tier points.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes it’s just a glitch – have noticed it on a few bookings these past few days.

You earn 25% of the “normal” Tier Points (which are exactly the same as “Executive Club Tier Points”) on these discounted leisure fares.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Nice of BA to have re-instated earning ability on lower fares, haing been absent with them in Y class for many years!. Little desperate for custom these days?

Yes, indeed, KLM /Flying Blue does allow renewal of yr Gold membership with 30 single flights a year, as well as miles now revised to be based on the booking class paid…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls