Things that go clump in the night

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

rrrobin
    Participant

I can tune out most of the noise on an overnight flight, usually with the help of earphones or ear plugs. The one thing I can’t ever get rid of is the thump-thump-thump of cabin crew striding up and down the aisle. There’s something about the design of the floor of the cabin that seems to send noise and vibration from footsteps straight into the seats – they actually move. And the crew themselves seem to clump (not gilde) as if specially trained to do so – could this actually be the case? Certainly their inevitable choice of solid, hard-heeled shoes doesn’t help. It seems impossible to design a cabin to avoid this – I haven’t found one yet.

seanyjmuc
    Participant

1A/K – yeah, right, because we all get to fly First Class. What an answer!

alamyfly
    Participant

Sign of the times, mate. They used to glide.

Note, on my last (and only) Vietnam Airlines flight they got around this problem. The cabin crew all gathered in the centre of the aircraft, hugged each other and screamed protractedly. I got the distinct impression they were too scared to move. So what we need is more turbulence!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls