The World’s Favourite Airline?

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

• AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Imperial Airways – loved the flying boats
    Pan-American – but just who was the captain really working for?
    Dan Air – you never knew just how many leaks and drips a plane could operate with.

Okay, being serious: BCal were superb in their time. At the other end of the spectrum, old style Balkan Bulgarian Airlines… How did they ever manage end-to-end connections lasting 18-24 hours via Sofia without serving a serious meal en route to the Far East? That was sub-economy before O’Blarney had ever thought of it.

judynagy
    Participant

“end-to-end connections lasting 18-24 hours via Sofia without serving a serious meal en route to the Far East?”

Ah! I’ve always wonderred where airlines based in the US got their templates for how to treat passengers. I hope to fly on some your favourites one day, I’d probably giggle with joy for most of the flight.

rferguson
    Participant

Joint CX/QF/LAN

Although my guilty secret is i’m also a bit of an AA fan. Flak jacket donned…. :-))

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Aero-flop…anyone.?…Never actually tried it but cant be THAT bad.

Dont however particulary like Vodca…so maybe..??

SimonS1
    Participant

Nigerian Airways.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I would love to hear from anyone who once flew with FUMBLE AIRWAYS back in the 70’s/80’s..

FRANCESCABARNES
    Participant

Who can beat Emirates A380 with their showers and impeccable service?

FRANCESCABARNES
    Participant

TerryMcManus24

Best not to actually ‘try’ them………..if you want to arrive ‘alive’!!!!

Edski777
    Participant

Winair in the Caribbean. Flying from Saint Martin to the neighboring little islands. No inflight service, but an absolute thrill for take off and landing.
    Look them up at youtube. Try it if you dare!

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Another small one that I remember flying on was Sierra Leone Airways out of the no 2 airport in Freetown..not Lungi.

Cant remember aircraft but 10 seater job and believe it was on charter from B.Cal who used to fly tourists down that way in those days (before the troubles)

Another that springs to mind from Nigeria was a bit dodgy sounding Continential air …single 707..(no relation to the real)

Local Al Hadgi owned it and did moonlight freight flights into Stansted and through connections could always jump a lift but had to sleep on the freight.

connorJohnson
    Participant

ba

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls