The weirdest/worst Business seat in aviation.

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• openfly
    Participant

After a very good flight from LGW-DOH on a newish Q-suite Qatar 777, I was booked DOH-CPT on an A350, which I was looking forward to.

The A350 was so disappointing. At the gate my seat was changed involuntarily from 9E to 1E. What a dreadful seat! It sticks out into the left aisle, with the front toilet right beside you with your feet into the galley and the bar boxes stacked on your left. Each time the crew/pax pass they brush your left shoulder! I moaned to the purser after 30 mins that 1A is totally unacceptable as a Business Class seat. He agreed. But he had no other seat for me, so I suggested downgrading to economy for the next 11 hours.

Suddenly he found that the passenger in 9A was “happy to swap”….it was staff! So I moved to 9A which was much better, except that the electric blinds failed when dawn broke on my side! The crew were quick to cover the windows with sticky blinds…obviously a recurring problem.

Avoid 1E at all costs on the QR A350.

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=968586]Suddenly he found that the passenger in 9A was “happy to swap”….it was staff![/quote]

Kind of sums it up really…..

2 users thanked author for this post.

AJDC
    Participant

I just flew a Qatar A350-900 from Madrid to Doha, three days ago. It was one of the best flights I have ever taken. The only thing that would have made it perfect is if PJs were given out. Sorry to hear that you didn’t have as wonderful a flight as I did

cwoodward
    Participant

Hi AJDC
    I presume that you were not seated in 1E and if not your post does not add really a lot to the conversation as most on here would agree after many threads and reviews on BT that Qatar offers a decent J class product.

Bullfrog
    Participant

The weirdest / worst seat in Business Class must be the seat offered on many British Airways flights .. it is exactly the same as that offered in economy class .. width, legroom and seat size ..

3 users thanked author for this post.

AJDC
    Participant

Hi Cwoodward,

What could I say of my flight that has not already been said? I did not and still do not see the point of reviewing my flight. As you mentioned, many others have done so already. I suspect there would be little to no difference.
    No, I sat in a window seat in the forward J cabin. All aspects of the flight happened seamlessly.
    If only they had 5fth freedom rights to the USA, I would make them my carrier of choice.

Marc_ACB
    Participant

Thanks Openfly, I have 1E&F booked on the A350 to Cape Town in December, I thought being a Q suite I wouldn’t have a similar experience, but it just takes a change of layout to the non-q suite A350 and then we’re’m stuck with your predicament. Now booked into row 3.

openfly
    Participant

Hi Marc…a sensible decision! Row 3 is probably the best in both the old configuration and the Q-suites on the QR A350.

mkcol74
    Participant

@openfly Was it 1A or 1E as you mention both?

openfly
    Participant

Mkcol74….the horror seat is 1E!

1 user thanked author for this post.

alainboy56
    Participant

I have used seat 1K in the Q Suite on the A350-1000. Had a wonderful flight from DOH to LHR
    However I did not look closely at the other seats mentioned here and in particular 1E, so I do not know what is the problem there.
    Is this problem seat 1E on both the A359 and A351?

openfly
    Participant

This flight wasn’t fitted with Q-Suites!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

This is probably the layout Openfly is referring to

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qatar_Airways/Qatar_Airways_Airbus_A350.php

Note that Qatar Airways has two configurations of the A350-900 – one had the QSuites and one does not.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls