The ultimate D Y K W I A…

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

A passenger boards a jet (the one he is borrowing) and decides to discard his umbrella at the aircraft door ‘cos he doesn’t know how to close it.

One of his staff who follows moments later, doesn’t want to get too wet picking the umbrella up, so he skips over it or pretends to ignore it…

Then one of the “hangers on with ear piece” climbs aboard, picks the umbrella up closes it and smiles.

Oh… to have an official umbrella picker upper and closer.

Is this the ultimate D Y K W I A or are there even more obscene videos out there….?

https://news.sky.com/video/trump-casually-discards-umbrella-at-door-11539093

8 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I enjoyed watching that, thank you.

capetonianm
    Participant

Never mind the sense of entitlement that this shows, after all if you are the President of the USA you shouldn’t have to clear up after yourself, but leaving an umbrella where it could blow onto the runway or into the engines is just plain stupid, and the action of the fellow who walked past is just as stupid.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

To paraphrase ‘Love Story’, being POTUS means you never have to say sorry.

BTW, I don’t think the Donald can be a DYKWIA, cos everyone does.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=901538]BTW, I don’t think the Donald can be a DYKWIA, cos everyone does[/quote]

Spot on, FDOS, we all know who this man is ………..He’s re-defining the phrase Marmite figure !

It all seems so surreal, the man who has the finger on the free world’s nuclear button can’t work out how to close an umbrella ?
    Then again, maybe we’re doing him a disservice . Why should a man with an IQ so high, that only astronauts aspire to reach that level of cleverness waste his valuable thinking/ twitting (sorry tweeting) time with such mundane tasks as collapsing an umbrella !

More concerning for us all, and I’m starting a conspiracy theory here, could it be that his hair might be an alien force that’s controlling his brain. Like all good conspiracy theories I say that ,because after watching the video, was there any real need for him to have an umbrella?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=901577]Like all good conspiracy theories I say that ,because after watching the video, was there any real need for him to have an umbrella?[/quote]

Why wasn’t there an umbrella holder, to remove the onerous task?

1 user thanked author for this post.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Air Force One is That Ridiculous Umbrella Man’s Plane.

(took me 20 mins to come up with that so I expect multiple likes, ok!)

7 users thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Quite different from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np7lObaDiBk… (OK, it wasn’t raining…)

Stowage222
    Participant

That was my first thought FDOS – I can’t believe he managed to hold it all by himself.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls