The truth….!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• openfly
    Participant

During the bunfight boarding at CPT for my Comair/BA flight to JNB, I asked the gate agent, tongue in cheek, what the GROUP 1 meant on my boarding card. His reply…NOTHING!! Well we all thought that, but now it is confirmed!

Also, my first visit to the newly combined BA lounge in JNB. For a Gold it’s definitely a retrograde step. The French champagne has gone, replaced by SA sparkly wine. The restaurant is only available to First pax. It’s hard work getting a seat. Just not worth being a Gold. I gather it’s the same plan for LHR T3, a combined lounge.

And as for those ridiculously narrow coffin-seats on the A380 upper deck….please bring back the Jumbo service to one of the JNB services. I’d rather be comfortable than unable to move!

The slippery slide continues!

FrDougal
    Participant

Why didn’t you just book downstairs club? It’s much nicer than even a B747.
    The A380 fleet will be refurbished with the Club Suite in a few years so not exactly a “decline” considering this aircraft has been in operation since 2013 in the same configuration and well bedded in at this stage.

I personally prefer the solo center seat if I can’t get a non-jump window especially on the B787.

1 user thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

The reason I book the upstairs window Club seats on the A380 is that you get an extra couple of inches to store bottles of water and bits and bobs in the side lockers. Mind you I try to avoid BAs A380s having flown on the A380s of superior operators!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The reason I book the upstairs window Club seats on the A380 is that you get an extra couple of inches

couple of inches…. way more than a couple of inches by the window, more like 12 inches extra width… even if it is just storage space…

I find the 777 window seats in club, especially the one that only has 1 window as very claustrophobic. Luckily for the routes I fly on BA, I can avoid all coffin style seats, 777 and 787

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls