The Top 10 Airline Routes by Revenue

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Top 10 routes

I am amazed by the fact SYD-MEL ranks #2! The full article is there.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

OAG regularly updates this survey and most media publish the findings.

But how accurate is it ?

I ask because it’s based on airport-airport rather than city-city. A route like MEL-SYD has air service linking one airport at each end.

If it were city-city then London-Amsterdam used by around three million passengers a year and served from the UK capital with flights from six airports * would surely feature.

When it comes to revenue OAG does not say whether it’s based solely on point-to-point revenue or whether it includes revenue from six-freedom travellers.

If the latter then I wonder how OAG managed to obtain details as airlines guard their revenues with great secrecy.

OAG’s figures for London-Amsterdam are based only on flights from Heathrow. Yet over the years the number of travellers flying Heathrow-Amsterdam have barely increased.

*(London’s six airports with flights to Amsterdam are: LHR/LTN/STN/LCY/SEN/LGW)

3 users thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

Same with London and Edinburgh. If I’m not mistaken more people fly than take the train

Thinking out the box, I wonder if the most popular seaplane route is Vancouver Harbour to Victoria Harbour?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls