The slow demise of LHR T5 First lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=897398]I am travelling F in March to LAS from T3 (only Bronze status). From this and other topics, would I be right in saying that it is best to skip the F lounge there, and try another lounge? Would I get access on a non status Exec Club card, or would the BA F ticket be enough to get me in? If so, which would people recommend, above the BA lounge?

Thanks.[/quote]

If I were you, I’d visit the Cathay Pacific F lounge – it has a private fine dining room and is generally refined.

By comparison, the BA F lounge is like school dinners 😉

Ian
    Participant

[quote quote=897422]

I am travelling F in March to LAS from T3 (only Bronze status). From this and other topics, would I be right in saying that it is best to skip the F lounge there, and try another lounge? Would I get access on a non status Exec Club card, or would the BA F ticket be enough to get me in? If so, which would people recommend, above the BA lounge?

Thanks.

If I were you, I’d visit the Cathay Pacific F lounge – it has a private fine dining room and is generally refined.

By comparison, the BA F lounge is like school dinners 😉[/quote]

Thanks for that – I never did like school dinners 😉

Swissdiver
    Participant

Good news from the LHR T5 First lounge: it hasn’t worsened over the past month. Well admittedly it is becoming more challenging to do so, even for the Spanish management…

openfly
    Participant

The T3 F lounge isn’t called The Dungeon by staff and regular passengers for nothing!

TominScotland
    Participant

I am currently in the First Lounge in T5 and there appears to be an energetic makeover of the food offering in train. There were many staff around, undergoing training around a new food layout with a sandwiches/ scones/ cakes section to the right of the first drinks unit – depending on high turnover, I guess because it is not refrigerated. The salad bar has been seriously upgraded and moved to the soup servery area and the hot options increased significantly. The a la carte menu also appears to be more extensive.

Was this flagged as an up-coming enhancement as I certainly did not read about it? It is a little while since I have been through here, mind you.

openfly
    Participant

Let’s hope that The Dungeon in T3 gets a makeover. Then possibly the hot dishes won’t need their weekly scrape to rid the stews of their crusts!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hi TomInScotland

I saw this on Tuesday – it works well having the salads moved out of the way of the hot items, I thought, though it still gets very busy, and of course with the salads in that position people can’t help themselves from both sides as was possible in the old position.

On the other side of the lounge there was also the offer of some small pies and onion bhajis. They were tasty.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

What did you think of the fashion display outside the lounge?

Alice-Temperley-1

Pyjamas

Swissdiver
    Participant

Tom,
    Ugly and annoying! If I want shopping, I go down. If not, give me a break.

2 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Horrible! The leftovers from a church jumble sale in the Mojave Desert springs to mind.

esselle
    Participant

I passed through yesterday lunchtime and would agree that the hot food offer seems to have improved.

Moving the sandwich display etc struck me as more cosmetic than anything else, but it shows that they are making an effort, which must be a positive.

The wines, though, are still very hit and miss. I found a half empty bottle of a decent Sancerre in amongst the mediocrity of white Bordeaux/GV/Pinot, and when asked if there was any more was told it was the last one.

I do think though that something needs to be done with the toilets; l don’t think they’ve been touched since T5 opened and they are really looking very tatty.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

[quote quote=837367]Blue Label is over priced rubbish – I’d be far more concerned if the single malts went.[/quote]

Amen to that. Blue Label is a nice Scotch, but it really isn’t a premium product, like Chivas Regal, which so many people seem to think is the nec plus ultra of whisky.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls