The slow demise of LHR T5 First lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

The food offering on the buffet is back to splashy slop…

Besides it looking unappetising and cheap, I still don’t understand why the airline serves such laundry enticing splashy food to people who are travelling…

I opted for fish fingers and chips, which I have to say was quite tasty – if a little high on calories…

Come on BA – serve sensible buffet food for the travellers…

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=868663]The food offering on the buffet is back to splashy slop…

Besides it looking unappetising and cheap, I still don’t understand why the airline serves such laundry enticing splashy food to people who are travelling…

I opted for fish fingers and chips, which I have to say was quite tasty – if a little high on calories…

Come on BA – serve sensible buffet food for the travellers…[/quote]

Yak. I limit myself to the sandwiches, cheese and biscuit and the a la carte Asian dish that is in general all right. And when I am really desperate, I get disappointed by the burger…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=868663]The food offering on the buffet is back to splashy slop…

Come on BA – serve sensible buffet food for the travellers…[/quote]

Totally agree, Martyn, there are honourable exceptions to what you show, such as the venison meatballs, but much of it is like school dinners.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Today BA (proudly) reached a new milestone: no edible wine in the lounge! And for those thinking I must be difficult, all those passengers leaving their glass almost full by the bottles but be demanding too…

MarkivJ
    Participant

It’s mind baffling how BA never took any cues from its oneworld sisters QR and CX on how a lounge experience is done.

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

It’s just more of the ‘penny wise pound foolish’ mentality which has infected the airline.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Went through the F lounge this morning around 10.00 am. The breakfast was noticeably worse, particularly the bacon. The sausage must have been “enhanced” a few weeks ago too as it was different from my last visit.
    My friend, who is not fussy at all, couldn’t find a white wine she was prepared to drink! I already find the champagne undrinkable. So Mr Cruz has succeded, put stuff out that is so poor no one wants it, therefore costs reduced as consumption falls! Just look at the “choice” of magazines. Utter crap.
    I’m so looking forward to my first flight with Lufthansa in F, private terminal, caviar service etc…. Followed by my trip in BA F, which does not come with the same expectation.

andrew.gill
    Participant

I don’t drink very much, but when I do, I’d prefer my wine drinkable, rather than edible

andrew

JonathanHallSmith
    Participant

It is a British airline, why should they not support British wines which are now competing favourably with international ones.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=894357]I don’t drink very much, but when I do, I’d prefer my wine drinkable, rather than edible

andrew[/quote]

You should drink more, it might make your posts less dry 😉

fatbear
    Participant

The white wine today wasn’t great but just about drinkable. The wife stuck to the Champagne though.

As to the poor choice of magazines ? I’m reading the October edition of Business Traveller !

capetonianm
    Participant

My wife is as much of a BA fan as I am not, and even she says the choice of wines in the lounges is pretty poor.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I’d take the breakfast in the F lounge any day of the week over the AA flagship lounge offering.

Very limited selection at JFK this morning and all somewhere between cold to not quite luke warm. Not good.
    As for the choice, or lack thereof, of magazines….

maxgeorge
    Participant

Concorde Lounge, 08h30-09h15 Sept 28:

Fruit smoothie unavailable – “ran out of ingredients”.

Breakfast (a very nice kipper) served with cold tea.

Waiter snapped at me when I asked for fresh tea.

Two staff members spent ten minutes or more listening to some clueless American asking them about visas for Peru.

All this after a flight from IST the evening before in Club Europe’s economy seating (cf TK’s wonderful Business Class offering ).

My overnight at the T5 Premier Inn, and the nearby pub, was a better experience.

Ian
    Participant

I am travelling F in March to LAS from T3 (only Bronze status). From this and other topics, would I be right in saying that it is best to skip the F lounge there, and try another lounge? Would I get access on a non status Exec Club card, or would the BA F ticket be enough to get me in? If so, which would people recommend, above the BA lounge?

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls