The results are out!

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Inquisitive
    Participant

There are only 20-30 active participants in BT forum – although all of them are well travelled – but please recognize that there are millions of other travellers (both business and economy) and each has his/her own opinion. Skytrax survey is based on travellers feedback. Even with some bias – this survey generally reflect the rank based on worldwide travellers feedback. Similary other surveys could be biased depending on geographical location of the most travellers.
    For the BA lovers (I am one of them), it is sad to note that it is not in top ten – however as I travelled at least 3 airlines from the top 10 list recently – it is easy to see why they are better than BA.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I feel there is a kind of love & hate relationship between British people and BA. This leads to mixed feelings and probably somewhat a biased rating.

Skytraxs surveys depend on how the airlines promote their services. If my memory serves, I’ve never received a request by BA for instance (I am travelling a lot with them) to vote for them. Now QR is harassing me during the voting time, because their communication heavily depends on the 5 stars. Another bias in the sample relies in the lack of experience (not able to compare) many travellers have.

If Michelin (the guides) was asking anyone to rate restaurants, I doubt the ranking will be what it is…

stevescoots
    Participant

SwissDiver, I did say it was subjective 🙂

I have only flown QR ex UK to Asia, yes its the 777 out to doha, after that its a mix of Airbus but all teh planes I have been on in the past 3 years have new or refits. As for Doha terminal, again i have only used the premium terminal, i have heard compliants about the standard one but tehy just opened a new terminal so woudl think that would improve economy class performance.

The comment about love hate relationship with BA, I agree i would love to be proud of our flag carrier, unfortunatly I cannot, they are not outstanding, average would sum them up.

DClinPsy
    Participant

Dear Binman,

I personally think GA deserve the 4 star rating, considering their short haul flights are better than any European airlines I had flown with, at least they offer real food (for both domestic and international) rather than sandwiches and AVOD on their short haul international flight. Never tried their long haul although I heard lots of positive feedbacks from friends and colleagues. Also, I checked a couple of trip review about their new product and looks quiet good as well.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/191857/

and in regard to Skytrax, I think SQ or CX deserve it more than QR.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls