The Queen’s Terminal

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• CXDiamond
    Participant

LuganoPirate – 16/06/2013 13:18 GMT

+1 It’s a lovely gesture.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Would be wonderful kudos for The Queens Terminal if the VIP suite could be relocated to that part of the airport.

H M could then depart from her very own Terminal

I do wonder if there will ever be “The Emirates Terminal” !

CXDiamond
    Participant

” MartynSinclair – 26/06/2013 17:05 GMT

I do wonder if there will ever be “The Emirates Terminal” !”

Didn’t you know, they are in advanced negotiations to sponsor T5 and will be paying for 5D to be built as their very own A380 pier 😉

Hermes1964
    Participant

I like the sense of continuity with Heathrow’s history.

Love it or hate it, and I can do both depending on the terminal I happen to be in, LHR has a significant place in the history of world commercial aviation since it was just a row of tents in the late 1940s. And in her own way the Queen has been part of that history. In the 1950s, the Queens’s departure from and return to London Airport was headline news, stepping on or off an Argonaut, Stratocruiser, or Hermes (;-), and on one solemn famous occasion returning as monarch.

I don’t mind seeing her name above the door!

canucklad
    Participant

I wouldn’t have imagined the day when the Queen endorses a shopping mall ! : )

Hermes1964
    Participant

Harrods til not so long ago!

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

“I like the sense of continuity with Heathrow’s history..”.

Agree with the sentiment…Historical…Yes… so surely its time that it became what it really is …a proper Museum.

We love hanging on to old things and I agree that many are nice to look at (buildings) and enjoy at leasure (V&A ..Natural history..etc exhibitions)but as an Viable International Airport …No..its.had its day….Bomber Command has been disbanded and this old aerodrome is not fit for purpose.

Even from what I have read the Heathrow Express is on the blink…assume there is still a chara-bang link available.

An earlier statement mentioned the “brown nose brigade” in full swing and looking for gongs …could be ..so what next …Terminal 5 becomes King Billys Lament in tribute to who…Willie Walsh or maybe….the other guy even although hes not king yet…all a bit sil……

JohnHarper
    Participant

Terry, spot on, time LHR became a museum!

JamesMiddleton
    Participant

Count me among those who think “The Queen’s Terminal” is an appalling name, and no, it’s not just because I am from ‘the colonies’!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls