The Queen’s Terminal

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

JohnHarper
    Participant

I think this one has been missed:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/press/queen-terminal-prp/

Fitting?

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Suggest T 5 could be also called after a famous person eg…Mae West……

Might not be so well know to the “young uns” but she had a BIG reputation and even bigger fan base with aircrew especially RAF over the last 70 or so years.

Ladies and gentlemen we are happy to announce that todays flight is due to land on/at Londons Mae West International.

Seatbelts on please….makes flying fun again…methinks

BigDog.
    Participant

mm interesting could evoke images of a bumpy ride. 😉

HarryMonk
    Participant

Corporate ar5e kissing at its finest !!! According to the report the Queen has a long association with Heathrow as she opened the previous terminal decades ago. So!!! Most of the time she uses Northolt, most members of BT have a bigger connection with Heathrow than her.
    Will be interesting to see if any names related to this decision appear on next years honours list.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Well, I guess on the site of what was Queens Building the name is an appropriate one.

transtraxman
    Participant

What next? What do you call T3, T4 and T5 (evenT6)?
    The Duke´s T., The Lord´s T., The Kings T. or any other Royal/aristocratic rank? I just cannot see anything appropriate.

By the way, when T1 is finally knocked down are they going to build over the ruins as just an extension of T2 while T1 is condemned to the dustbin?

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Sounds like the name of a Wetherspoon’s pub.

pdtraveller
    Participant

Terminal with what? I was alarmed!

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Should they bin T1 and join it up with T2 then that means a lost building which would also assume mean that the would drop a number so the new T5 would revert to T4….going backwards …says it all…

welcome to …London Heathrow Airport Terminal Decline

RichardB
    Participant

>>T5 would revert to T4

Why would they bother. JFK has terminals 1..8 with no terminal 3 or 6.
    In a similar way there is no need to number motorway junctions consecutively or you can watch TV channels France 2 and France 3 but there is no France 1.
    What is the problem with no terminal #1 ?

openfly
    Participant

This is going to make it very difficult to understand the destination boards on the Piccadilly Line trains……..if 1 becomes 2, if 2 becomes 1, if 4 becomes 3, if 3 becomes 5a and 5 becomes, errr, 6!

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

My favourite arrival/departure at Heathrow T-6 is an easy destination being located at Amsterdams Schiphol.

Just a pity that I cant get on the Picci line from Oakwood straight there…

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Oh I agree about T6, the trouble with living in Twickenham is that there isn’t really much choice of where to go except the third world facility in Hounslow or LGW which I use quite now when I fly EK as they collect me from home anyway.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I think it’s a wonderful tribute to her. Well done Star Alliance for thinking of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls