The new LH First: A hit or miss?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Senator
    Participant

Dear all,

From BT Online today, we see (yet) a new LH First product for the B747-400. My understanding is that this is different from the A380-800 product recently introduced.
    http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/lufthansa-new-first-class

The good news is that Lufthansa has selected to keep First “in the bubble” of the B747-XXXs. However, I am not sure of the concept of a chair and a bed?

What do you think conceptually? Hit or miss?

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hi Senator,

I have to say that I quite like the concept as according to the pictures in the report the chair will form a natural barrier from the aisle when you are sleeping so other passsengers or crew will not pass close to you.

I also like the idea that your bed is ready and with minimum fuss you can just get out of your chair and ‘go to bed’. It also means that if you wake up you can sit up for a while if you want a drink or to read or to watch a movie without converting your bed back to a chair and back to a bed again if or when you want to sleep some more.

The proof will be when it goes live and people get to test it out. the comfort of the bed and the mattress will be the real test of the product.

I will be very interested to read the opionions of other posters.

Best regards,

Jonathan

O.C.D.P
    Participant

I would have to say the initial picture doesnt get the pulse racing, rather utilitarian in appearance with the bed looking like a very uncomfortable hospital offering.
    However like JonathanCohen i like the idea of not having to mess about moving the seat up and down if your feeling a little restless. Would certainly like to see some more pictures and would consider giving it a whirl, more for it being ‘new’ although dont get the opportunity to fly LH often.

Senator
    Participant

VitaBrevis_GloriaAeterna,

I would agree that it very utilitarian and have limited “bling bling” appeal which I agree is unnecessary personally. It looks comfortable and interesting.

What I don’t get is why not standardise across the fleet? The A380 product was introduced last year. Why not streamline?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls