The new Belgrade Crowne Plaza.

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Globalti
    Participant

I stayed at this hotel several times when it was a worn-out post-Soviet giant, staffed by experienced but sleepy old-stagers. Intercontinental took away the franchise so the management went up on the roof and took down the “Inter” letters and the hotel became “Hotel (space) continental”.

Now it has reopened, completely refurbished under IHG’s Crowne Plaza brand and it’s fabulous; they interviewed 4000 for the 250 jobs and no employee is over 38 years old. The staff are super-proud of the hotel and clearly the best that Serbia can offer; well-trained and with the perfect balance of formality and friendliness. The decor was done by a London firm and the interior is stunning, really up there with the best. What’s even better is the price and the earlier you book online the cheaper it becomes. I stayed there for around £160 and they upgraded me to the club floor. I slept better than I have slept for some years in my own home, which is what a good hotel should be about really.

Strongly recommended if you’re in Belgrade.

As always, no connection with the hotel or IHG etc. etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls