The new BA Gatwick check-in area

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

NewBAexec
    Participant

Having used the new BA “home” at Gatwick recently, I honestly thought BA would have done something much better. It looks very low cost to me, nothing compared to T5, and which is worse is having to see your bag going all around those baggage belts behind the check-in agents siting on ‘plastic’ chairs! Very low budget I presume!
    Also, why did they not put a background in place to hide those baggage belts? It is very much an eyesore!
    Maybe a background similar to the colour scheme of dark brown with the silver speedbird logo on them would have made an excellent presentation.
    It definitely does not look premium – you just have to look across and compare it to the Emirates check-in area – very disappointing BA!

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

Maybe there saving some money when BA/BMI come together then they splash out then.

T5 is very nice makes T3 and Gatwick look like “cheap as chips”

NTarrant
    Participant

The new check in area is a vast improvement on what was there before. There is also a fully working fast track rather than the pot luck one that existed before.

BA never pulled out of LGW, it retracted due to the down turn rather than moving routes to LHR.

Saffjoyfox3
    Participant

I used the new check-in area at LGW recently. I was pleasantly surprised. It is not grand or lavish, but it is a big improvement. LGW will never be T5.

The new fast track area was separate, efficient and was quick. I also liked it as after clearing security you come out directly in the main terminal area through a separate corridor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls