The new BA Club world food

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• AlanOrton1
    Participant

rferguson – when you say all ‘has been rolled out on all US routes’, does this apply to LGW as well?

MartynSinclair – I flew back from EWR earlier in the year in J. I did make use of the pre-dining in the lounge and have to say it was good. A large area set aside and a wide range of fresh and tasty hot options, as well as cold fare on offer. I found it noticeably better than the JFK pre-flight dining. On board there was a full dinner service available which the pax next to me went for. New cutlery, crockery, bedding etc all a good step up and I found the staff ran everything efficiently. Nothing really to take umbrage with.

rferguson
    Participant

AlanOrton – as with most things BA the new product will be rolled out ex LGW ‘some time in the future’.

Andrew
    Participant

I recently returned from JFK on a Sunday evening flight having specifically booked the later flight with pre-flight dining. I have to say that the experience was pretty terrible. Small, cramped lounge space and terrible food. Surely if BA are going to offer this service, the expectation should be for a service which has a quality / experience at least as good as you would receive on the plane. This was sadly not the case.

I know that JFK is undergoing a period of refurbishment so not sure whether this contributed but as a ‘flagship’ route I would have hoped for something much better.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

That’s a shame. Notwithstanding the bunfight that is the revamp works to BA’s JFK terminal, we found the pre-flight dining on offer (late March18) to be entirely respectable and offering a decent range of choices. Okay, so not quite on a par with CX’s the Wing/Bridge/Pier but entirely acceptable.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

JFK lounge is definitely overdue for a refurbishment and I think BT posted that there was one slated in the near future. If you weren’t a fan I wouldn’t rush to use the J lounge in ORD either.

EWR lounge is smaller, as only 2 flights a day, but around half the space is dedicated to pre-fight dining. There is a separate F dining space as well.
    If BA can refurb JFK so it is like the one in BOS, with enough space, they’ll have done a good job.

(From the posters on here, I think I’m one of the few that favours EWR. I suspect where it loses out is the lack of OW connectivity, being primarily a UA hub).

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=867581](From the posters on here, I think I’m one of the few that favours EWR. I suspect where it loses out is the lack of OW connectivity, being primarily a UA hub).[/quote]

I don’t travel to the US much, these days, but when I did, I preferred EWR too – very easy connections to/from Penn Stn.

nevereconomy
    Participant

I have seen several articles about the huge environemental impact of producing wood toothpicks as so many billions take a lot of trees and maybe not renewable in the countries where they mostly produced.
    Maybe now the impact of plastic is less ???

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls