The new BA Club world food

Back to Forum

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  AlanOrton1 15 Feb 2018
at 11:16

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Defcon5
    Participant

Interesting article this morning in Head for Points, does anyone know if this correct?

Is BA’s new Club World catering essentially a big con?

Flightlevel
    Participant

You don’t get chocolate after dinner now-not recently-and the meal is similar,no problem with choices on my last flight.

openfly
    Participant

So much China, and so little food…..

rferguson
    Participant

It’s interesting actually as BA has claimed it was never the intention that Do&Co would cater all routes yet the crew were under the impression that WAS to be the case.

Saying that, I have seen the new non-JFK catering and it is still definitely a step up. Yes, the hot meals are essentially the same. The quality and choice of the starters, desserts and cheese has definitely improved as has the afternoon tea.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I flew ERW-LHR this week and the new bedding, menus, crockery and food all looked to be present.

The pillow is very good / significantly better. The blanket I didn’t think was as thick as the older one.
    Menu looks more like a business class offering in its layout than the small piece of card that has masqueraded as a J menu for the last few years.
    Crockery etc was definitely a step up. Decent sized mugs for a cup of coffee / tea etc.
    I skipped the evening meal as I ate in the lounge. The pre flight dining at EWR, IMHO, is far, far better than at JFK. Very good and excellent staff as well.
    The breakfast was better than previous with two hot mains as well as all the other normal breakfast options.
    Legacy crew on this flight were very good, polished and ran the cabin very efficiently given the sub 6hr flight time.

Add in the half decent AVOD and it is a noticeably different product than I ‘enjoyed’ a few weeks ago coming back from FLL to LGW.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls