The Mystery of CIV scoring

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

• HongKongLady
    Participant

Maybe if we knew our number we could chant it on boarding just to remind them of ‘ who we are ‘ ha ha.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

alexpo1 – 09/08/2013 08:08 GMT

I don’t think you can get a CIV number less than 36, IIRC.

If I ever got a high CIV Number, I’d be disgusted that my flight purchasing strategy had failed completely!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

So we move from DYKWIA to DYKWIW (Do You Know What I’m Worth [to the airline])…

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Ian_from_HKG – 09/08/2013 09:00 GMT

Execellent!

DYKWIW – not a lot in my case and long may it continue 🙂

jamess86607
    Participant

hello everyone
    welcome to this forum.Here u find all your questions and get your answers.
    right now i am unable to find your answer.If you want to see classifieds websites you can go through this.
    ———
    Top Ten classified website

stevescoots
    Participant

jamess86607spam

what is the meaning of life, can your forum tell me?

norbert2008
    Participant

Well they talk to me and sometimes upgrade me because of the title, works wonders in hotels too!

canucklad
    Participant

I knew I was flying far to much when I aked why I was automatically allocated 1A …the response was “you”re are one of our most valuable customers ” ….notice I said valuable and not valued….

I would like to think all customers should be valued equally… regardless of class……and I’m not talking about status levels…just engagement by airline staff..

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Ian_from_HKG – 09/08/2013 09:00 GMT

In which case, I would fail to register on either score.

Some cracking contributions everyone – but still no idea about the gradations with CIV ratings…

Tramor01
    Participant

As someone who gave up on BA and will now only use them on Amex 241’s Avios these days…………………….
    I guess all I can do is shout out ….I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Had the services of a very helpful CSD on a flight today who very kindly confirmed my CIV number of 38. The CSD then went through every Gold on the flight and gave me the CIV ranges from 19 – 41. Confirmed never seen a score higher than 50 (but did not always look)..

Then showed me what the ipad does and details of my data kept. Finally, because I was so nice, tried to work out a service recovery need – however, on the basis that I said I was going to put a positive remark on BAEC about the crews performance, thought better of it!!

Credit to BA on this occasion, keeping tabs of their Golden CIV’s :)))

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry, but if I’m paying £7,000 plus for a ticket in F, I expect the same amount of service, quality etc whether it’s my first or my umpteenth flight. To receive less than someone who is more commercially important would be an insult and certainly cause me to re-evaluate whether or not to fly that carrier again.

I recognise that Gold card holders get more perks, such as extra baggage allowance, certain seats in the cabin and so on, and don’t have a problem with that, it’s rewarding loyalty to that airline, but the service and so on has be the same.

I wonder though if this is a “British” thing, as I’ve not experienced it with other airlines?

SimonS1
    Participant

LP – I fully agree.

I don’t have a problem with airlines trying to keep track of their most important clients/influencers. That’s business.

I do find people who come on here going on about their CIV of 92 and why they can’t improve it to be a bit pompous.

OnslowSW7
    Participant

@SimonS1

Please keep personal attacks to yourself. This forum is a very useful resource, and entertaining for frequent travelers. It is denigrated by those who seem to think its appropriate to make pointless and negative contributions.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Onslow

To be fair, you did start your post with “So I have become a little obsessed with tracking my CIV score… And I hope I am not alone in this obsession. Perhaps I need to seek help.”

No one has suggested that you should seek help, I would be grateful for small mercies, were I you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls