The most ridiculous airline safety video ever?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

• lloydah
    Participant

Martyn – I agree absolutely
    Lloyd

MyFlightsApp
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve seen any safety video as patronising as Delta’s…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgpzUo_kbFY

And remember… Smoking is not allowed…

alexlondon
    Participant

I thought it fantastic! All the points are there, together with great humour and a stamp of personality. Superb!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

I loved the strong reminder to the would be unruly passengers (mainly Americans – sorry for saying this but is it often true!) for not attempting to tamper with the smoke detectors in the toilets!

andrew.gill
    Participant

tominscotland : thanks for making me laugh so loudly

kkflyer
    Participant

Well done Air New Zealand for breathing a breath of fresh air into this otherwise boring, stuff, commonly ignored procedure that all airlines have to do as civil aviation law states. It has captured our attention and made us smile. For those unaware here are the other safety videos that they have done. One with Rico and the other with the staff naked with body paint. I flew them recently to NZ on Business Premier – The new and old seats are great, the food fresh, tasty, good variety and flexible with times and the service faultless, efficient professional and with a smile. Will definitely look to fly them whenever possible.

Enjoy the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Mq9HAE62Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f1awn9vBZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCFprN9lCg4&feature=related

Dolphin500
    Participant

I wish teh airlines do something like ANZ helping to relax befor flight and after all the stress at security lines…Step out of the box is sometimes very good…

kevin46
    Participant

Flying Chinaman. I have noticed your attempts at crass humour for some time now, and here again, you have managed to squeeze in 2 such comments in the same thread. You mention the video might be ‘ a tad too queer for some’ and further along you state that unruly passengers are mainly Americans. I would love to know on what basis you make these racist and sexist assumptions.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Kevin46:

Racist or sexist! A real joke! I am one of the very few people in the world who can laugh at himself all the times and also able to so with the others in a non-malicious way! If you do not have the kind of sense of humour to appreciate my style then so be it! I do not expect everybody is at that level.

For all you know I could be gay and I may have American nationality!

Since when the Americans are of ONE race! Anti-American, I had been intimately linked to so many Americans that I feel I should be given some sort of medal by the White House for fostering such close tie between the two nations!

I said mainly Americans and it is from the basis that many Americans I associated with are more incline to think that way. I ‘ve heard them saying that often. Perhaps it’s in their history of wanting to repel suppression and they feel it’s their rights and freedom not to be restricted by the authority. Mainly US airlines make announcement to the passengers that is is a Federal Law to prohibit the tampering of the smoke detectors in the toilets. I travelled with enough airlines to know so for a fact.

Happy with my “crass” humour? There could be more in the future for all you know!

There is a Trade War at the government level and it seems like there is a War on Freedom of Expression at the grass-root level!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“mainly Americans” – probably quite true, especially on American internal flights!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Thank you Martyn!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Kevin46

You come across as the person with the unhealthy attitude.

Rebecca

I agree with you. If it is really used (and I note the viral marketing comments earlier, which seem quite shrewd) the first time you see this video, it will either seem funny (or stupid, I found it the latter), but then boredom will set in very quickly and it will be ignored.

Much better (for operational purposes) to have a professional, focused briefing, that is as short as possible.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“then boredom will set in very quickly and it will be ignored”

Then what is the right formula for the safety video?

I always stop and listen as well as feel for the lifejacket under the seat to make sure its there, but am “focussed” do I find it “professional” – sadly not and I am not sure that any of the safety films I’ve seen provides any more interest to the majority of passengers, but they are there because the law dictates.

By making them snappy or attention grabbing, it will make some people watch and take it in – for the regulars, maybe a stripper (male or female to cater for both tastes) may just be considered as attention seeking. Otherwise, how ever the safety demo is shown, so be it.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Then what is the right formula for the safety video?”

Did you read the next line of my post, Martyn?

Professional, focussed on the key facts, not jokes and as quick as possible (without missing anything) to get the message across.

I concur with continental clubs’s post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Fortunately I am able to read Mr Disgusted – alas, unlike your goodself, however many of the safety video’s I see, I can not say that I watch them for any other reason than being polite and courteous to others.

I recall Virgin using a cartoon character and a very annoying tune, Air Asia, try to grab attention by using model type girls, BA do standing up, Air NZ appear to be trying some flashing lights and a dance.

I agree it is a serious message, the problem is though that in this real world, sometimes, special messages need an attention grabbing way to put them across.

If passengers are not finding the safety briefing interesting enough, a briefing needs to be created that does grab peoples attention. Remember the key points, in no particular order

** mobiles off

** no smoking

**seats belts

**floatation devices and how they work

**emergency exits

**crew directions

Here’s an idea, make it a task for Lord Sugar’s next apprentices “the perfect safety briefing”

Have a great weekend, which I have started in the Novotel BKK airport, which is an awful place to be.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls