The magazine!

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Dear BT,

I do understand the current situation and will renew my subscription no matter what. That said, I am curious to know what is the current plan (I also know “plan” is a very awkward word these days) in terms of BT issues in 2021. I am particularly interested to know when I’ll be able to read the next one.

Thanks

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Sorry for the delay – I missed this.
    Firstly, thank you for your support. It’s been a very dark time for travel and especially business travel, so it’s very good of you to say what you did.
    Our plan had been to put out a February issue of the Uk edition, but then the lockdown tightened while we were preparing it for publication.
    We took the difficult decision to postpone it until March…. and then… May, 2021.
    Very few people are travelling through airports or staying in hotels (unless they are forced to) at the moment, and so distributing the magazine is, well, impossible.
    Our hope is that travel will be about to start in May, and so if we produce a double issue of May / June 2021, then subscribers will get their edition at the beginning of May, and those travelling will see the magazine in some of the usual outlets, lounges and aircraft sometime in May or June, depending on where they are.
    But as you say, so much is unknown.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Tom

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

…. and I should say that everyone who has subscribed will get all the editions they have bought – in other words, if you subscribed for a year, you will get 10 editions of the magazine, even if it will have taken us nearly two years to fulfil it.

(All of the above applies to BTUK – some editions such as BT India and BT Middle East have published editions more recently).

5 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thank you Tom for your reassurance that the BT Magazine will continue. It may just be a magazine to some, but for me, it has enabled me to connect with some amazing posters, meet some fabulous people and benefit from some extremely valuable collective knowledge.

From lunch in a cheese cave in Europe, to a business/person who has made travelling in F and J for more economical, to the lunches with BT and the amazing tips about what to do in various parts of the world I am so privileged to visit. Even realised I was in the same class at school with a poster I hadn’t seen since my days at school in Wallingford, 45 years or so ago…

Thank you Tom / Mark and rest of the BT team. Roll on the world reopening and the freedom to fly when and where we want (without constant testing and the threat of prisoner style quarantine) & most importantly of all, opening my BT magazine onboard a flight to slowly read all the enticing pages of travel information…

9 users thanked author for this post.

PatJordan
    Participant

Tom,

many thanks for your comments. I had no doubt whatever that BT magazine would return to print just as soon as travelling returns to some sort of normality. Thanks to Tom and the BT team for keeping the forum open during the past 12 months. I know I am not alone in being very thankful to you all.

I prefer to read my magazine at home. I’m a little old fashioned in that I like to receive things in the post. I enjoy the tactile pleasure of opening the packaging, turning over the pages and putting the magazine away safely. That said, whenever I see BT in a lounge, I’ll always re-read it, preferably with a glass of something nice to accompany it! On occasion I have copied Martyn and savoured BT on a flight, and hope to do so again in the not too distant future.

Stay safe everyone and may we soon walk down the aisle once again!!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Stevescoots
    Participant

Reading BT on a flight or in the lounge, wondering if other forum posters are there, like brag tags, when you know, you know

Miss that!

3 users thanked author for this post.

BPP
    Participant

[postquote quote=1094277]

Hi Stevescoots
    2-3 years ago I was sitting in the onboard lounge on a Qatar 380 watching a fellow passenger reading a letter of mine which had been published in BT. I did manage to keep quiet but how many ‘Brownie Points’ was that!
    BPP

4 users thanked author for this post.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=1094480]Hi Stevescoots
    2-3 years ago I was sitting in the onboard lounge on a Qatar 380 watching a fellow passenger reading a letter of mine which had been published in BT. I did manage to keep quiet but how many ‘Brownie Points’ was that!
    BPP[/quote]

Very cool indeed. I had a similar experience where one of my posts from the forum was featured. I like that the print version interacts with the website in that way.

This is my 21st year of reading BT. As others have also said – credit to the team for keeping the BT show on the road during 2020/21 and fingers crossed by the end of this year some normality will have returned and we’ll all be back complaining about the absence of LPGS in the BA First Lounge at T5.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BPP

SimonS1
    Participant

Maybe BT could me made available on stands in arrivals as well as departures? Something to read in the queues…..

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls