The MOST expensive flight you have ever purchased

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• kevin0820
    Participant

I had to get to New York from Ghana fast so paid one way coach next day on BA for $2100 and got stuck with center seat in 3 section row

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Not paid for personally but, back in 1994, I had to go from London to Rio to do a presentation for the European Commission. Normally I would have jumped at the offer and happily flown cattle but commitments at each end meant I could only fly in and out with a 24 hour stay. I therefore ‘demanded’ a business ticket so that I would be on top form to deliver the presentation. That ticket cost the Commission around 3000 GBP.

But the bonus was that I wanted a smoking seat (shows you how long ago) and, at check-in they said they had no smoking seats left in business. I expressed my regret and concern but let it go. But at the gate, they ripped up my boarding card and gave me a new one in First Class where there was still a smoking seat remaining.

Not sure if there is any moral whatsoever to that tale, but I certainly enjoyed the experience and the presentation went well, in the end.

canucklad
    Participant

Easy peasy and wait for it……..
    Ryanair claims the most expensive carrier spot, near on £400 for a flight from Prestwick to Derry and back Total flying time there and back, around 30 minutes + £13 per minute
    Air Canada wins the cheapest carrier spot, £99 for a 4 sector North American pass back in the 90’s. It takes apx, 16+ hours to do……..YYZ-LAX-YYZ-YVR-YYZ. Using the same calculating logic that’s around about 10 pence a minute .

Who’d have thought!

fatbear
    Participant

In 1986 my brother was getting married in Hong Kong so I paid £660 for a return ticket in economy on British Caledonian. I bought the ticket at least 3 months before travelling.

Over 30 years later you can probably do the same journey for less than this

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls