The Informant

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

BT_IFE_Reviewer
    Participant

Flew on a Delta flight recently. This was the second film I watched (that I’d recommend).

The Informant

Matt Damon run to fat with a Flanders-style moustache is a Walter Mitty-style fabulist who turns informant when his back is against the corporate wall.

Loosely based on some whiste blower in the States, this is a quietly amusing film which is a pleasure to watch – and had me almost laugh out loud a few times.

Directed by Steven Soderbergh, who makes one good film for every rubbish one. This is one of the good ones.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Perhaps these could be kept to one thread, rather than one for each movie?

It’s good to see a perspective about movies here, but I am not certain that is primarily a business travel related topic.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Afternoon.

Yes, we had a debate about that, but since when we get back into the office we often, after talking about the flight, the seat, the baggage carousel, the food and the wine etc… would then mention any films we had watched, we thought it worth while seeing if there was any interest / recommendations.

Of course on some carriers you can easily watch everything worth watching by only taking just a few flights in a month, but others have such a choice that recommendations might be welcome (and “must avoids”). Let’s see how it goes.

flyingbunny
    Participant

I certainly think it is a related topic. We don’t all get on the plane and measure our legroom. I want to relax and I will definitely be checking any posts about in flight films.

PGuffrey
    Participant

I watched the Informant on a recent flight, and would agree with the BT review.

Matt Damon pulls off the role of this compulsive liar extremely well, more evidence of his considerable talent at playing a wide range of characters. The film is both funny and uncomfortable to watch as the lies spin out of control, but I never stopped rooting for him.

Scott Bakula was also unexpectedly good in support as a naive CIA agent, and his child-like optimism was touching. You could pretty much pause at the exact times when his heart broke as each lie was uncovered. Having said that, it’s hard to believe a CIA agent could be quite that naive, but then this is only loosely based on reality.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls