The Ideal Hotel Bathroom

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

fitbusinesstrip
    Participant

Call me a fussy traveller, but the test of a good hotel room is the standard of your bathroom.

Most are small, cramped, dimly lit and anything but relaxing for a shower or a soak in the tub. So, whenever I check into a hotel, the first thing I want to see is my bathroom.

Here are my Top 10 ensuite ‘must-haves’ for a happy stay:

01. Good fluffy towels that soak up the water instead of spreading it.

02. A separate shower with a rainforest shower-head that drenches me, rather than splashing.

03. A TV speaker in the ceiling so I can listen to the news while shaving.

04. Soft, thick, good quality loo roll, instead of cheap tracing paper!

05. Dimmable lights to soften that harsh view in the mirror first-thing!

06. Good quailty bathroom products that I actually want to take home with me.

07. Soft water, free-flowing from the taps.

08. A tall order, but how about a TV you can actually see from the bathroom?

09. Or maybe access to radio in the bath?

10. Plenty of hooks to put my towels on, wherever I am in the bathroom, without having to drop them on the floor.

Is there anything else anyone would add to the list?

OzTraveller
    Participant

sounds good, however 1 question to you. How many of these “must haves” do you have at home…?

spidergirl
    Participant

Most important for the ladies are a good hairdrying – not the one that stuck to the wall.
    Peninsula Tokyo even has a nail dryer but useless when we didn’t know about it and didn’t bring our nail polish to ‘play’ with it.
    I prefer a nice strong pressured shower.

sidainton
    Participant

Well, 7 out of 10 isn’t bad… 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls