The Hotel Inspector. Good, Bad or Ugly?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

LeTigre
    Participant

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-hotel-inspector

Hi People,

I am a great fan of this show. Alex Polizzi (niece of the legendary Rocco Forte) has a personality and strength of character that makes this programme brilliant. She hits the nail on the head in terms of what travellers expect and it is always very up-to-date. The structure of the programme is always very well thought out and along with the humour, it is a very worthwhile way to spend one hour (please don’t mention reality TV).

Any fellow Business Travellers find this programme appealing?

NTarrant
    Participant

I like this program and Alex Polizzi is far more appealing to the eye than the previous inspector (Ruth Watson) although she was good. The annoying thing about the program is the amount of time wasted, such as before the break they tell you what is coming up. Then after the break they assume you suffer from short term memory loss and spend the next two minutes telling you what is going on (that is one thing the Inside Gatwick program didn’t do).

I used to stay in places like some of those on the show in the days before Travel Inn’s, HIEXP et al,. It is sad that some of these establishments don’t see a wider picture.

But the show is good.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I understand Polizzi is moving from Hotel Inspector on C5 to more general business advice on the BBC – a John Harvey-Jones in the making:

http://www.caterersearch.com/blogs/satellite-dishes/2011/07/new-hotel-inspector-wanted-after-alex-polizzi-defects-to-bbc.html

And, before the rumours start, I am not a caterer, either.

LeTigre
    Participant

That is a shame.

Any idea who could replace her?

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

I love the Hotel Inspector and concur with previous posts on here – Alex makes the programme. It will be a tough act to follow. I love it when the owners of the hotels that have called her in then argue with her and become unnecessarily defensive. A great hour’s worth of TV, way better than I’m a Celebrity and Young Apprentice, though I notice the voiceover guy of Hotel Inspector and (Young) Apprentice are one and the same person. Lucky for him.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls