The hand luggage argument – police called

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I must say it is very kind of the airline to take bags off passengers at the aircraft door and assist with putting it where it belongs…. with all the other bags…in the hold…. great service, it allowed the passenger’s to schleep the bags. through security.. through the airport…. down to the gate…. then directly into the aircraft hold……..

I bet the bags weren’t even needed in flight!!!!

In Thailand last week, an Air Asia passenger threw his case off the aircraft onto the tarmac when the cabin crew told him it was too large for the cabin – talk about throwing your toys out of the pram!!

The passenger has since appeared on a Thai chat show (fame!!!). One of his arguments for his actions was he felt he lost face when the cabin crew criticized him for bringing too much hand luggage.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tourism/438623/airasia-defends-crew-in-baggage-row

LuganoPirate
    Participant

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Daily Mail deemed unacceptable in Thailand and blocked!!

Is London the worse place for luggage issues at present. I cant remember seeing any issues (in numbers) for lost luggage at any other international airport…. but I may be wrong…

Charles-P
    Participant

I just returned from Tel Aviv and a priest was trying to bring a sack of ‘holy’ earth on board as hand luggage. Staff were respectful but adamant it would be going in the hold.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Charles-P, why on earth (oh dear)… is someone allowed to haul a sack of earth through an airport terminal….this has been my “discussion” all along…. stop the excess bags and “rubbish” getting airside…

Charles-P
    Participant

‘MartynSinclair’ I am certainly not the person to ask as I view all religion and faith as utterly ludicrous however I have seen similar instances with muslims who return from the Haj, they bring water from some well that is important to them.
    I mentioned it to a lady in the King David lounge and she said it was very common, especially among the US evangelical types who divide the sacks up when back home so that people can have a small amount of Jerusalem earth with them !

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Charles-P, my comment had nothing to do with religion… Why is someone allowed to haul a sack of earth through an airport as hand luggage… and in Israel of all places.

Stop the ludicrous amounts of hand luggage getting airside in the first place and some, (not all) of the problems will be solved…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls