The future for the airline and hotel sectors

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

I agree with MartynSinclair, I am no fan of Ryanair but MoL talks absolute sense and is clear, coherent, and to the point, and he challenges the sacred cows of conventional thinking. Not liking his airline does not preclude me from admiring and respecting the man.

MoL was on GMB earlier with Piers Morgan, which I tend to watch as I like his combative and bulldog style, he won’t take wishy-washy evasive answers, and he is brutally direct, which in these days of wrapping everything in cotton wool is very refreshing. Yesterday he openly addressed Dominic Raab as a coward for refusing to engage with GMB or their viewers, and did the same this morning with Matt Hancock.

1 user thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=998628]No q’ing for toilets, need to request to cabin crew

7. Social distancing wont work on board.[/quote]

Doesn’t that amount to the same thing…..sort off

That would mean a change in behaviour from the crew — quite sure the FR way of doing things is to keep the seat belt sign on as much as possible to coincide with they’re needing to sell their wares !

On just about every FR flight I’ve taken , the seat belt sign going off triggers a rush to the front and back of the aircraft, simply because it’s been on for “what seems like” ages longer than your bladder expects .

Possibly an opportunity to add colostomy bags to their in-flight sales catalogue

3 users thanked author for this post.

RoyJones
    Participant

On a recent Antiques Roadshow I saw a potty decorated with a picture of Hitler on the bottom with appropriate wording. I wonder if a similar one with MOL on the bottom would be a hit (excuse the pun)

capetonianm
    Participant

RoyJones : That’s a bit of a pissy remark. O’Leary isn’t that bad, although I am sure many would disagree with me.

Now if you could make one with Alex Cruz and/or Willie Walsh, you might have a winner. If you decide to go into production, I’ll waive my normal commission in exchange for one.

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed MOL is really on the money. For people who are still fearful, the safest approach is to stay at home.

Of course there will be those people who book the flights and then whine afterwards about how bad it all is. That is life.

I’m struggling to see how the quarantine will be enforceable, especially if ‘special arrangements’ are being made for France, Ireland etc. Maybe an increase in screening at airports.

3 users thanked author for this post.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=998638][/postquote]

Did you miss the letter “S”?

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=998643]RoyJones : That’s a bit of a pissy remark. O’Leary isn’t that bad, although I am sure many would disagree with me.[/quote]

[quote quote=998643]Indeed MOL is really on the money. For people who are still fearful, the safest approach is to stay at home[/quote]

Actually MOL and other industry leaders taking decisions like this directly motivate our rulers into positive action, avoiding stagnation of action and thought.

In their own way they’re building their own “Field of Dreams”

And when you think about it, I’d suggest the recent changes in lockdown policy , randomly mused at the weekend is in no small part down to the actions of the great numbers of folk openly defying the strict restrictions. It put the authorities in a no win position, allow your citizens to publicly break the law or take action and criminalise great swathes of your normally law abiding citizens from doing something they took for granted, just 2 months ago .

As we go through these transitions it’s well worth remembering the cold callous facts ….
    It’s never been about saving lives, it’s been about regulating the death rate.
    The babbling (seemingly confused) pronouncements from the weekend IMO would suggest that the next move is to try and spread the virus slowly covertly building up a national herd immunity. Trouble is the Celtic nations are sticking to their fixation.

In summary 3 cheers to Wizz and Ryanair for pushing the envelope , and to the authorities to make sure we transition “the envelope” as safely as possible !

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=998682]In summary 3 cheers to Wizz and Ryanair for pushing the envelope , and to the authorities to make sure we transition “the envelope” as safely as possible ![/quote]Exactly, when it comes to rebuilding the economy it will be businesses that need to take the lead and create jobs.

I just hope people use the right ethics, and we don’t see a predominance of zero hours, minimum wage jobs.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls