The forum on this site

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

• Intheair
    Blocked

Oh dear the natives are getting restless.

CharlesP – I couldn’t agree more.

FDOS – you don’t know who I am so how do you know if I fly on emirates frequently or not? You haven’t got a clue and yet you give an opinion, which is entirely without fact. I just got off an EK flight today and fly with them every 2-3 weeks. Comment? I think calling someone a moron – as you did last week – is what is “way out of order”.

SimonS1 – you don’t own this forum, even though you think you do. It’s not for you to tell me whether this is a forum for me or not. And you can have your ball back.

Multiple psychology referral available on request.

Nb FDOS – anyone who disagrees with you is either a moron or VK/SM reincarnated. I’m not but I would love to be just to see your response.

Perhaps go back to my first post on this thread – the reactions were as predicted.

SimonS1
    Participant

I do love it when someone throws their toys out of the pram. The world is against me blah blah blah.

Each to their own I guess. Healthy dose of raw nerves with chips.

Evening all.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I honestly think that if someone feels the tone of the forum could improve we ought at least to let them have their say without telling them, very firmly, they are wrong.

Having said that, offering psychiatric counselling probably isn’t the best approach.

Can we all take a breath before I close this thread?

Flightlevel
    Participant

Yes very correct Tom and trollying is not acceptable by professionals who just wish to give a view and any insult is a form of trollying, manners maketh the man, and woman!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

FDOS – you don’t know who I am so how do you know if I fly on emirates frequently or not? You haven’t got a clue and yet you give an opinion, which is entirely without fact. I just got off an EK flight today and fly with them every 2-3 weeks.

Er no, I said I suspect, which means believe something to be possible. I know SimonS1 has used EK for many years and has built up quite a knowledge of their ops, thus his ability to pointout that the area in the photo at DXB is not just a parking area.

Now, why don’t you show me some evidence to show you know more than Simon?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=808597]I honestly think that if someone feels the tone of the forum could improve we ought at least to let them have their say without telling them, very firmly, they are wrong.

Having said that, offering psychiatric counselling probably isn’t the best approach.

[/quote]

Not just psychiatric help, but ‘multiple psychology referal’ too, whatever that is.

Also, accusations of trollying (?)

It adds nothing to the forum in terms of knowledge and the poster who started it hardly has clean hands, having been curt with SimonS1 on another thread and then not apparently liked being put in his/her place by the use of facts/logic, so starting a new thread with a (poorly) disguised motive of seeking revenge on Simon.

You were talking recently about the need to have more posters in the forum; tolerating this type of thread isn’t going to help, as it makes FT look dysfunctional and I suggest you not only close, but also delete it.

Just my opinion.

K1ngston
    Participant

I don’t necessarily agree with you FDOS_UK I think we should keep the thread open but dial it back a bit everyone?? Some of you have seen or will be waking up to the terrible events in Manchester this morning, what we are arguing about here is trivial and if I can be honest meaningless….

You all have points of view, today my thoughts are with 19 innocent people who died having been to a concert in Manchester, the rest means nothing ….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

K1ngston

I see where you are coming from, but may I (very respectfully,under the circumstances) suggest that we do not say much about Manchester, as it only provides succour to the perps?

K1ngston
    Participant

FDOS_UK that of course was never my intention….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=808625]FDOS_UK that of course was never my intention….

[/quote]

Absolutely – it’s perverse to have to subdue a perfectly normal response to show sympathy.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=808615]

I honestly think that if someone feels the tone of the forum could improve we ought at least to let them have their say without telling them, very firmly, they are wrong.

Not just psychiatric help, but ‘multiple psychology referal’ too, whatever that is.

Also, accusations of trollying (?)

It adds nothing to the forum in terms of knowledge and the poster who started it hardly has clean hands, having been curt with SimonS1 on another thread and then not apparently liked being put in his/her place by the use of facts/logic, so starting a new thread with a (poorly) disguised motive of seeking revenge on Simon.

You were talking recently about the need to have more posters in the forum; tolerating this type of thread isn’t going to help, as it makes FT look dysfunctional and I suggest you not only close, but also delete it.

Just my opinion.

[/quote]

Indeed FDOS. Still when you look back the same poster has a history of intemperate comments. I’m reminded that Intheair did tell me a couple of years ago that I needed to “belt up” and “get over myself”.

And Nick was “idiotic” and sounded like he “worked for Southern Rail”!! Seems like Nick has now left the forum anyhow.

And then the cheek to come on here telling us whose forum it is, how we should also conduct ourselves. What a laugh. Great entertainment though seeing people get all lathered up.

Not sure about you but it’s a long while since I was “trollied” though. Only in Waitrose perhaps.

Maybe once we have our psychiatric evaluations we will be able to help the patients back into their padded cells 🙂

Intheair
    Blocked

Tom

I think you can safely close this thread now – the psychological experiment has worked

stevescoots
    Participant

does that mean i can put my popcorn down and get out of my chair?

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I can’t say I agree with all the OP says but personally I felt some of his opening post was fair (I find there are a couple of posters who I feel come across as somewhat boorish from time to time). That said it is a forum for all to share experiences.

There is an argument that there might be more threads & posters if some who possess a more DYKWIA persona scaled it back a bit. Using terms like ‘the resident pillock’ and so on is hardly conducive to welcoming those who may read and not post, to feel comfortable posting.

I’d have thought the more people who feel comfortable posting, the more threads and the more comments there will be, which ultimately should be useful to those who visit and contribute to the site.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry IntheAir, but your last comment was really the kettle calling the pot black!
    I can’t see anything in Simon’s comment that would lead it to being thought an “angry” comment.
    If someone disagrees with me it’s fine, and if sensible I’ll respond, if hostile or rude in any way I just ignore it.
    If I don’t like the way a thread is going, again, I’ll just sit back and ignore it.

But, in my humble opinion, this is not really about business travel either, but then neither was Trollying, but it was good fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘The forum on this site’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls