The fattest person I have ever sat next to…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Your “fat cigar” is almost as bad as geo’s wand-blowing exploits 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Not sure what that refers to VK? But I’m sure my Cohiba tastes better!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Yellow card VK – mentioning that name from the past..

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes I must have been offline when that all blew up so missed what happened….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

just being his usual self then showed a little bit too much politically incorrect descriptives concenring race! Toys out of the pram, tore his tights and off he went into the blue (or pink) yonder of cyberspace – but may have reappeared in a new outfit, forgot which thread, but the postings were a sort of simillarish. We will all live………………

Have a good evening and dont eat too much!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Cream of white asparagus soup with truffles.

Potakas
    Participant

Back on topic:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/article495065.ece/Overweight-woman-has-to-be-flown-by-military

A Haitian woman waited 11 days at the airport in the Dominican Republic’s capital because no airline was prepared to fly the 220-kilogram passenger to the United States.

But rescue came in the form of the air force of the Caribbean country, which agreed to return Dominique Lanoise on board a military plane to the US.

chinaboy8
    Participant

To CHARLES P – I agree with you 100%….sad to say, this is not
    likely to happen but one can dream!

stevemac
    Participant

thought that the comment about Chardonnay from VintageKrug was hilarious. Please dont tell me that you do noy enjoy a glass of Chablis, Puligny Montrachet or St Aubin which, oops are all Chardonnay. Maybe you are a Liebframilch person. I do enjoy reading your comments but being an ABC does not suit you.

InterestedObserver
    Participant

Back in the news (did it ever go away?)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/9066658/Legal-ruling-could-see-introduction-of-airline-fat-tax.html

Good to see there were 650+ comments on the piece in less than one day…..

InterestedObserver
    Participant

Same as above

Chub class: Wider airline seat for fat flyers who will get an extra two inches…but slimmer travellers lose space

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160322/Chub-class-Airbus-makes-wider-airline-seat-fat-flyers-extra-inches–slimmer-travellers-lose-space.html?ICO=most_read_module

but what made me laugh on the Today program this morning was the idea that now fat people are bad for the environment, whether they fly or not!

Global weight gain more damaging than rising numbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18462985

Danwolf
    Participant

My Brother asked me the other day, “if a Customer of Size is required to purchase an extra seat because they can’t fit in the only one, do they also get two meals?” :-)))

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I once booked three seats for Mrs. LP, a friend and myself. In the end the friend could not make it and had to buy a ticket for a later flight. As the ticket was non refundable etc (a very cheap one) we checked in and kept the middle seat free. When the hostess came with the sandwich I got two, one ham and one cheese which was swiftly, and a bit messily, transformed into a cheese and ham sandwich!

InterestedObserver
    Participant

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem 🙂

Danwolf
    Participant

I think, instead of just looking at just the customer’s luggage weight, there should be the concept of total passenger weight:

Total Passenger Weight = Luggage (checked/carry on) weight + passenger weight

Although I’m not sure that individual passenger weigh ins before flights will go down well :-p

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls