The demise of the amenity kit

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• DontTurnRight
    Participant

Used to have around 80 unopened ones until Mrs B made made me get rid of them a few years ago.

Qantas always were the most practical, with decent sized shaving foam, toothpaste and other goodies. Ansett gave out a free tie carrier with theirs on long haul 747 flights. Emirates are good today, but same Bulgari kit appears inside business and first wash bags.

BA’s current First class bag is next to useless.

stevescoots
    Participant

most airlines I fly now the bags and products are of no use at all for the flight or afterwards. however i usually take them back with me and either give them to my PA who then passes them out to other employees in china. the agnes b bags on CX are handy for storing cables, adaptors etc in my carry on but other airlines bags are either very small or of such low quality material they are a waste.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

@rjbrownmalta – tie carrier???

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Tired Old Hack – yes a leather one (it is still upstairs) which takes around three to four ties in such a way that they won’t get creased. It even has the Ansett logo embossed into the leather.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Okay, so the quality is declining but to add to that, just what does everybody do with all of them? Snr Management’s sorties out to central Asia has lead to a collection of BA, CX, SU kits which are now gathering dust in the bottom of a cupboard. Why not just have a small bag with a toothbrush and toothpaste for onboard use and skip the rest? Who really needs them these days?

Papillion53
    Participant

AD@10:05

I love all the little bits and pieces in the bag especially the REN products! Do I need them, no probably not LOL! But even now the DH is using the REN lipsalve as its absolutely brilliant and when you’re up a hill freezing your you know wants off, hoping some daft bird will fly past, then your lips need protecting! It’s also a great marketing tool for these companies as I had never used the REN products before, but guess what, As I liked them so much, I did fill some lucky girls’ Christmas stockings with their stuff this past Christmas!

PerthWA
    Participant

It’s ok for you chaps to not want the amenity kit as socks are your normal dress code… Socks and lip balm, the two essentials in any kit. .. I’m assuming here everyone has their own toothbrush in triplicate.
    Rjbrownnmalta… I have a substantial collection of wallets (male), business card holders and the like from SIA in the heyday of raffles class. Never seemed to do much for the females though.

lostantipod
    Participant

Rjbrownmalta…. Forget about the tie carrier. Ansett? Did they even fly long haul? Can’t imagine the need for a tie carrier between Sydney and Melbourne ! 😉

Arcanum
    Participant

@PerthWA: Have you considered selling the excess items?

stevescoots
    Participant

I would like to see, and use

freshen up moist towell
    3 x tissue
    comb
    face moisuriser
    body moisuriser
    lip balm
    ear plugs
    aftershave/smelly spray sampler.

all of these i use on a longhaul, shoe horns, socks etc i dont use.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls