The choice between an upgrade to J class or sitting in Y class next to a ‘honey’.

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Tailspin
    Participant

I recently had the opportunity to accept an upgrade from Y to J but decided to stick to my original seat as it was adjacent to that of an attractive lady.Alas, love never blossomed ‘Up In The Air’ (maybe Y class isn’t conducive to romance?) so I wondered if, given the choice, BT readers would have done the same thing or would they have gone for the upgrade?

Hess963
    Participant

Well, not so easy to answer — but I would have done the same when the “honey” is really worth it, especially when my neighbour in J is the opposite of “honey” and have some hygiene problems or annoying habits.

Freedom1
    Participant

Now that my friend.. is on hell of a tough question.. lol

BABenji
    Participant

Take the J option. Seriously…what is actually going to happen!?

Besides, there is a lesson I learned some years ago:

Even if she is a honey, you can guarantee that someone, somewhere is tired of putting up with her crap! 🙂

Tailspin
    Participant

Yep, next time I WILL take the upgrade!

And, while you’re right, “what is actualy going to happen?”, it isn’t unusual for something TO happen, as perhaps an exchange of numbers/e-mail addresses.

Another question, are women flying alone in J Class more likely to be open to a little romance? I mean, all that unlimited wine and champagne, those comfy seats, and all that legroom would theoretically make a woman more relaxed, right?:o)

Just how does one make an opening move in J Class?:o)

KeepDiscovering
    Participant

It depends on the duration of the flight – if it’s short-haul, it maybe worth considering staying at the jungle (though I doubt, as it’s only your fantasy); if it’s medium or long-haul, paradise upfront is the way to go. Who wants honey that smells after a 15-hr flight?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls