THE business lounge feature you are really enjoying

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

• Kentflyer
    Participant

All of the above – peace and quiet, a decent selection of food and drink, not just some stale old cheese and pretzels – and no screaming children running about. Lounges with a child friendly area is a great concept!

alistairNicoll
    Participant

excellent customer service – example Etihad Manchester

StewartK
    Participant

A proper breakfast for flights leaving before 1000hrs – Emirates at LHR and LGW come closest except for the omission of bacon!

MrDarwin
    Participant

Comfortable chairs. So many lounges have ostentatious furniture for the ‘wow’ factor that is totally impractical for sitting comfortably.

manxman123
    Participant

maybe a post box and availability of envelopes and stamps! Then we can print out documents that need signing and send them off. My PA normally does that stuff but at the airport I’m on my own . . . .

travelsforfun
    Participant

Agree with much of what’s been said.

My particular priority would be proper (hot) food – doesn’t need to be anything fancy but enough that could constitute a meal if I need it; particularly helpful if travelling shorthaul first thing in the morning or in the evening.

The Skyteam Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4 springs to mind – certainly not the most extravagant lounge, but it does the food really well, in terms of quality and selection.

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

My favourite is a strong shower where you can relax on a bench and then get ready for your next flight to wherever. It lets you feel human and smell less 🙂

even better when you are flying economy and you have status that gets you into a lounge.

Abidjan
    Participant

A cold beer and Financial Times.

RCinBelper
    Participant

I am in with the “peace and quiet” replies, particularly on long-haul. Specifically: no kids, no TVs, no phones, no-one skype-ing to find out what their loved ones had for tea.

Incidentally about 2 years ago, I wrote to SQ about the TV being too loud in the First Class Private Room at SIN. No reply despite a couple of chasers. Haven’t flown SQ since – and I fly First UK – Aus every other month. That’s a fair amount of revenue – not even including the people who work for me.

KennyK14
    Participant

If I have time, and it’s available (never in 1st lounge at T5*), a massage from a human, and not a chair.
    A great shower, with a decent toothbrush, razor, and deodorant.

* Only once in 4 years of being a Gold member, and attempting at least twice per month.

TS-Andy
    Participant

A lounge with a selection of fine wines would suffice. Needless to say when this happened, many other features would commensurate accordingly. Exampel good wine would comnensurate with good food,etc

BTMEEditor
    Participant

Evening from the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center 9th floor lounge… on tonight’s menu, a selection of breads; tomato soup and spring rolls; salad counter; drinks (3 whites, 2 reds); range of seating and lighting; good wifi; some pleasant artworks; turned-down sax/jazz from the Bose speakers. Outdoor terrace if you’re feeling brave!

Suppose a long-winded way of saying it’s about no one element but how they all come together to create a relaxing environment.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Enough seats, and peace and quiet.

talparis
    Participant

A decent massage preferably not by an uninterested bored oriental person and a decent sleep area for those late night long connections.

Window-seat
    Participant

A space that sites the time of day, soft lighting in the morning, warm light at night, clear light in the day – it helps you body know what time it should be in. Harsh led lighting first thing in the morning that makes you feel like you are in surgery is not nice – new BA Schiphol Lounge prime example of this.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls