Thann Cafe @ Gaysorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

July 2014

During our time in Bangkok we went to the Gaysorn Shopping mall. Strolling around at Gaysorn we were pleased that Thann, a local spa and shop operator, had opened a new cafe opposite their store. We like Thann and their products, so we were sure the cafe would be also a hit. We weren’t wrong.

The design is ultra-modern and there is some creative artwork above the counter.

The seats were comfortable and the staff quick and friendly.

I wanted the afternoon tea set, while he felt more like ordering something light from the a la carte menu. The afternoon tea set was very generous and even so it was meant for one person it was ideal to share.

He had the Lemongrass Mint Iced Tea, a hot chocolate and a carrot tomato soup.

My set came with a traditional tower, but was a bit unusual, because the top tier was a tea cup, filled with sweet goodies.

I chose Vanilla Ginger Tea. There were ham and cheese sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam, chocolate dulce de leche cake, cherry panna cotta, macaroons and short bread.

I liked the flavor of the tea. It was just right – fragrant, sweet and spicy -, while his iced tea reminded me of the exotic east.

The hot chocolate was light and deemed one of the best he had.

The sandwiches were delicious and the panna cotta and dulce de leche cake moreish.

I left the scones to him, since he is a bigger fan than I am. According to him they were very tasty.

The macaroons were delicate and the short bread excellent too.

When we arrived we were the only customers, but when it was time to go nearly all tables were taken by locals.

We enjoyed our time and thought 869 THB (ca. 20.35 Euro or ca. 27.25 USD) was very good value.

When in Bangkok we will back for more and can highly recommend it.

Would we recommend this Cafe to a friend? YES!
    Would we visit again this Cafe? YES!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls