Thai First and lounge in FRA

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

RoadKing
    Participant

Hi all,
    I finally managed to secure two First tickets on Eurobonus pts for me and very special woman :-). The route is via FRA.

I see that reviews of Royal Silk First varies, will be interesting to see what we will experience.

Btw for the editor: I noticed that when I checked the seatplan using the flight # (TG921) only one review showed, whereas when I looked up Thai and then the right Jumbo, I got to see all reviews. You may want to fix that.

Anyways, a couple of the reviews was actually transit thru FRA and the reviewers state they used the Lufthansa First Lounge in FRA. I was a bit surprised by this as when you look at Lufthansa web page, it does not state that their First Lounge is open to First customer on other *A flights, countrary to Senator lounges, where it is explicitely stated that *A Gold have access. The Thai web page as well does not suggest anything about First lounge access in FRA.

I also remember having read someone else on the forum suggested Lufthansa First lounge was for Lufthansa First passengers only.

Anyone know that know the facts?

Looking forward to the First lounge in BKK though 🙂

Hi RoadKing,

Thanks for pointing out the error on seatplans – we’ll look into it.

As regards lounge access, Lufthansa has several first class lounges at Frankfurt. The three main facilities are reserved for passengers using Lufthansa Group carriers. Note that the exclusive First Class Terminal lounge (where passengers are provided with chauffeur-driven transfers direct to the plane) is located airside.

Here is a link to more information on the Lufthansa website:

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/First-Class-Lounges-in-Frankfurt

RoadKing
    Participant

Thanks for the link, but… Are you saying that First class passengers with Thai are allowed in the First facilities of Lufty on an equal basis as Lufty First?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think by Lufthansa Group they are also including Swiss on that, not the whole of *A member carriers.

One tip for the F lounge chauffeur is always to ensure you are given a car; double check with your host if there is a minibus planned and if so ask if you can change your pick up time to ensure a car. Personally, I prefer the Porsche Cayenne, if it’s available.

RoadKing
    Participant

Thanks for the tip VintageKrug!
    Although, from what you state I suppose we will not be entitled to that as we are flying Thai, not LH or LX.

Any suggestions on goodies at the Royal First lounge in BKK?

VintageKrug
    Participant

My only suggestion would be to avoid the massage pre-flight.

I am not a novice, so I know what a good Thai massage is like.

It was so painful and uncomfortable, shortly after starting off I felt I nearly pulled a muscle, and ten minutes in had to ask her to stop, and got up and left.

RoadKing
    Participant

Ok. Thx.

Hello RoadKing,

We have an answer for you with regards to the way reviews are displayed on Seatplans, many thanks for raising the issue.

If you search using the flight number, we assume you would have then clicked on the reviews button in the first class row. So you would have only seen the 1 review we have of that class on that particular aircraft.

If you go through the Thai page, then select the B747 and click on the reviews tab, you’ll see all the reviews for all the classes, not just first class.

RoadKing
    Participant

Seatplans.com;

That’s what I thought too, but if you scroll through the reviews (not filtered by class), you will see there are several reviews of trips in Royal Silk First. Granted, not all are very intelligent, but still there are a few.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls