Thai Airways

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

This flight relates to a short journey from Bangkok to Vientiane on one of TG’s four 737-400s – not offered as an option on the menu above.

I checked in at the transfer desk at Bangkok, having transferred from London. My ticket showed the Lao Airlines codeshare number but I received a Thai boarding pass which was great as I could now use the Lounge, courtesy of my BMI Gold Card, maybe the last time I will get to use it????? My baggage tag was swiped so I remained hopeful that my bag would transfer between airlines.

My transit time was quite long so I settled into the comfort of the large Thai lounge by Gate D1 – I understand that Thai have 8 lounges at the airport and this is the largest I have come across. Food options appeared to be good but, after my recent breakfast, I confined myself to tropical fruit (my weakness!!) and caffeine drinks in order to stay awake and do some work.

Boarding was through Gate D1A, the bus gate and Business Class and Gold Card holders were bussed out to the aircraft first. Just as well as the flight was very full and most passengers far exceeded normal hand luggage limits. So those who boarded late struggled to find space in the overhead bins. So it was not surprising that were were a few minutes late in pushing back but took off without too much of a taxi.

I was seated in Seat 40K – Thai have strange numbering so that Economy (in reality about Row 10) starts at 30 so it was not too far back.

Inflight service was a dinner box of noodles and a dessert but I declined this and just had a quick drink before landing in Vientiane some 10 minutes behind schedule.

Queues are the norm here, first for visa on arrival and then through passport control but things were not too slow on this occasion. My luggage was waiting for me in the baggage hall and I was en route for my hotel about 40 minutes after landing.

Thai run a good network of regional services – nothing fancy but OK for the duration of the flight.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls