Thai Airways B787-8

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Exceptional, fantastic comfy seat. Service second to none. Layout of dreamliner excellent. Sat in middle at very back of plane. Food great. Attendants always smiling and very attentive.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Ghost can be found here

AMcWhirter
    Participant

“Comfy seat” B787 3-3-3 ?

What was the load factor, I wonder ?

sparkyflier
    Participant

AMcWhirter + 1

I find this review suspicious, TG employee maybe?

splinter49
    Participant

I have flown them in J class and did not enjoy it, small seat and feels more like a coffin if you sit in the outside seats. I am 1.85 cm tall and could not confirmedly sleep.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I also flew this aircraft from BKK=KUL, a short flight for this aircraft. Interestingly I fly Etihad’s 789 tmrw, be interested to compare as the 787-8 did feel small and look it ,as we boarded by steps, as many TG flights at BKK.

I certainly enjoyed the seat which the crew told me was on the A380, and going on the 773’s now also. In Biz, it was only 3 across, where-as others plan 4 across, excellent service. I made a review on Seatplans some weeks ago.
    It was a very pleasant spacious aircraft in J, and the seat was just as comfortable on the A380 I took between BKK and HKG more recently.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

sparkyflyer – 06/10/2015 22:09 BST

Or an anorexic dwarf.

splinter49
    Participant

when we flew Bangkok-Perth we had 2-2-2 seating in business class and also on there website it is marked as 2-2-2, so sorry to say I do not know where you had 3 across

Edski777
    Participant

Took a flight from AMS to SFB (Orlando Sanford) yesterday on a TUI 787-8 in Comfort class, basically economy with a 33 – 34 inch pitch. Very much comparable to Thompson.

Actually very comfortable experience seat wise. Yes, it’s no full fledged business class, but for a quick vacation trip very acceptable. The price, including the upgrade to Comfort (~ 15 UKP) came in at ~350,- return.

Not bad and out of the airport and in to a rental car within 30 minutes.

Like the OP: maybe not the best airline in the world but still a very acceptable product in a brand new airplane, especially for the price paid.
    So why would you hit on this OP in this way?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Edski777

You ask “So why would you hit on this OP in this way?”

Like you, I’ve flown the 787 in a premium economy class and found it very comfortable.

I’ve also tried sitting in a Y seat and it was really tight for pitch and shoulder width, certainly not an ‘Exceptional, fantastic comfy seat.’

Therefore, unless the OP is short and thin at the shoulders, I join others in taking a somewhat guarded view of this glowing praise.

Edski777
    Participant

Let’s assume that the OP is an Asian. Typically they are a lot leaner and certainly less tall than us Europeans and Americans.

I can imagine he or she had a very comfy ride, where you and me would have had serious troubles with the available space.

Don’t we lash out at each other a bit too much and too fast nowadays?
    A little bit of common courtesy and proper respect for anyone’s opinion would be in order on this forum. I certainly don’t want to revert to the situation of a couple of years ago when bashing seemed to be the norm.

Let’s keep it friendly.

Oh, and I agree with you that the “somewhat larger” (almost anyone over 175 cm and of a normal build) amongst us will have increasing problems travelling in Y. Especially with long haul charter flights I find a 29 inch pitch and 17 inch seat width incredibly tight. But hey, if you don’t want to or can’t spend a little more on your travels…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls