Thai Airways

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Remo
    Participant

I travel quite often from CDG to SIN via BKK.
    First Class CDG-BKK, Business Class BKK-SIN and viceversa.
    If I am in transit in BKK, I am greeted at gate and then directed to First Class lounge with electric cart before my fligh to Singapore in Business.

Sometimes, I make stopover in Bangkok and when I check-in for Singapore I use the Business Class counter. Several time I asked if I can use the First Class lounge but always I received a hard NO, you can’t because your ticket is in Business.

I tried to explain that the price of ticket with stopover in Bangkok is about 200 Euro higher that the one with just transit at BKK without success.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DerekVH
    Participant

I think you will find this standard with most airlines. Lounge access it based on class of travel regardless what you paid for the ticket. Being in transit allows F lounge access as an arriving passenger in F, but a stopover obviously voids this access.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“Several time I asked if I can use the First Class lounge but always I received a hard NO, you can’t because your ticket is in Business.”

seems a perfectly reasonable answer from Thai…

Remo
    Participant

Thanks for your comment.

I just verified the fare of the last ticket with stopover in Bangkok and the code is P that means First class fare even the segment BKK-SIN is in Business.

Ahmad
    Participant

Have you tried checking in at the First counter at BKK they may be more accommodating. I have never been in your situation at BKK but would try my luck if I needed to. At most other places with such a ticket I always use the First Class check in counter and am routinely given First lounge access. Lately however many airlines are changing their policy due to ‘rationalisation’ which is simply a euphemism for miserliness!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls