THAI AIR & THAI SMILE’S WEB SITE

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

flyingcanadian
    Participant

Has anyone tried to reserve flts to HKT on the Thai Web site recently? We travel 6 times a year, and now when I reserve a through flt, I am told to go to Thai Smile for the BKK-HKT leg. No longer through fares and flts! There are non-stops ICN/HKG-HKT, but one can no longer access those flts.
    I have emailed Thai, but as yet, not received the courtesy of a reply. This means that even on flts LHR/FRA/HKG/SIN-BKK-HKT, one has to make 2 seperate bookings, one on Thai, and another on Thai Smile.
    Also, it is interesting to note that the new A380 is flying to/from FRA, and not LHR!
    Please can anyone offer any advice on the former problem? All comments greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Flyingcanadian.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello flyingcanadian

Which TG country site are you accessing ?

When I checked TG’s UK website thaiairways.co.uk there’s no problem booking a through flight to Phuket via BKK departing LHR. I checked dates in early October when Thai Smile is taking over the BKK-Phuket (HKT) route.

With the increasing competition from Gulf airlines (Qatar and Etihad already serve Phuket with Emirates following next December) I would have thought TG would streamline the booking process for Europeans to book flights to Phuket via BKK.

http://www.emirates.com/english/about/news/news_detail.aspx?article=944714

The fact that TG will bring its first A380s to Frankfurt and Paris, rather than London, was recently discussed within a separate thread.

flyingcanadian
    Participant

Gd Morning, LondonCity,

Thank you for the info. I was looking on the World Web site. However, I spent all Sunday afternoon, and I could not get to HKT on the UK site. I actually got through on the CHINA site.(We live in Canada, so travel through Asia via AC). I discovered that IF there is an* next to Phuket, ONE CANNOT BOOK THROUGH.
    You are right in that one would think TG would want as much business as possible in light of EMIRATES & ETIHAD. I have sent a strongly worded email to TG Customer Service followed up with Hard Copy to CEO.
    I missed the article on TG A380 to LHR. PLEASE could you remind me of date?
    Thank you again.

AMcWhirter
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls