TG DXB-BKK 26DEC2009 SUPERB

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

• Anonymous

golfpro
    Participant

Just flew Thai from Dubai to Bangkok F class. Plane was new 340-600. Full flat bed, same as Swiss F seat. I was the only Pax in F and the service was superb. Most importantly Return fare 8017AED (1210GBP). Great value for money, Great food, Great service. Compared to the EK fare of 14870AED I am very Impressed….Thai is back!

OzTraveller
    Participant

With great respect, 1 good flight does not make a comeback. The only pax in F maybe accounts for your good service. They could hardly miss you altho knowing TG after living in Thailand for many years, anything can and does happen. Reputations are made and lost on more than one F class flight and I suggest that the inconsistency of TG’s service these days is the reason they remain an also-ran airline is Asia. Dont get me wrong, I would love for them to get back into the top ecehlon as they were once, but it all starts at the top. Like most Government owned and run organisations in Thailand, senior management owe their job to “friends”, not for their knowledge and expertise.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Dear Fellow Travellers !

I read those comments of praise about TG new F cl product on the DXB/BKK leg ,operated by A346 with utmost thrill and excitement ….I was more than happy to read recently that this route is now having a Fcl product on TG ….!…
    In a First Class cabin ,whether the crew has to look after 12 or 8 or even one pax ,it is never too many people to serve ,so the true spirit of service is being felt by the customer in all cases ..u might be alone in F and not get inspired or impressed ….!!!..very possible ….
    I do agree with both gentlemen s arguments ,however I am just writing to express how pleased I am to read about that positive experience on that leg in F …..!!…As far as I am concerned ,the Fcl lounge of TG in BKK with its spa is still ( in my eyes ) the BEST ever Fcl ground facility I have ever visited in any airport worldwide !!…..I am sure I will give this service on the DXB leg a try ,soon ….

Cheers ,TG !

Karim Haggag

npchuaMY
    Participant

I totally agreed with the remark from OZtraveller.

I have been a seasoned traveller on TG C-class since the mid-90s and I have seen its service from excellent in those days to “below expectation” today.

This is my latest experience on TG:
    Date: Dec 24, 2009
    Flight: TG 417
    Sector: BKK – KUL
    Cabin: C-class

All courses of the meal came in a plastic tray, with an empty cup. Only one round of drink service. (the meal was served course by course in all my previous trips) After the flight attentants collected the tray, I didn’t see them anymore but I can hear them chatting at the gallery.

golfpro
    Participant

Regional C on an hour flight cannot be compared to Long Haul F. Lets not compare apples and oranges!!!!!!!

KSHaggag
    Participant

I do agree with golfpro s comments ..yes ,standards on longhaul F are totally different from those on regional short haul C !!…on all airlines ,everywhere in the world ….I do endorse this very much !

npchuaMY
    Participant

I was comparing the service of the same sector, KUL-BKK-KUL, which I travel frequently for the last 15 years.

OzTraveller
    Participant

My point exactly: it’s the consistency in the delivery of service on board and on the ground, that makes or breaks an airline’s reputation. TG have failed for several years now to provide a consistent service on board, and in fact, a consistency of aircraft types on a lot of routes. It is precisely the reason SQ continues every year to win accolades all over the world. The high quality of their service is consistent. (this statement will be a red rag to some readers, but it is true).

And another point, if KSHaggag seriously believes the TG F lounge in BKK is the best in the world, he should experience the LH F lounge at FRA or MUC.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The Lufthansa Private Terminal is indeed streets ahead of most other similar facilities and culminating in a chauffeur driven Porsche Cayenne to the aircraft side is, IMHO, unrivalled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRPqNs7cRO8

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

It is nice to have more competition ex DXB to BKK with the new TG F service offered. It is really a great price for a F ticket comparing to EK F ticket. Flying alone in the premium cabins is always great as you have the feeling of flying in your own private jet. As well as the full attention of the F/As. It is great to know that there are still pax who can really enjoy themselves when flying TG F in A340-600.

I had often the chances when flying BKK – HKG or PEK. And in some flights from Europe to Asia–these with TG F. After a fashion and with all these new innovative seatings, new F&B concepts etc. from other airlines–TG F is not that ” wow-F class” anymore. Yes, the famous TG F service attitude is still there but I have to admit that they do tend to inconsistency in some cases–it is really not that typical TG surpreme sevice a few years ago. Caviar is still served and in my opinion still a good meal service and choices. But I have to say- inspite of these and the nice First class lounge in BKK–I would have choosen EK-especially when the A380 is offered in this route. Seriously EK F suite is still one of the best in the F class suite category. And with the Spa-Experience onboard–for me the best F class amenities at the moment in the airline industry. About EK F food&beverage quality and quantity during my flights–never had a bad choice or lack of choices. Actually often I find it more extensively than other airlines in the same cabin.

The main problem or complaints about TG F are the inconsistency in the fleet/aircraft and now in some cases in service as well: TG just tend to change oftenly the published aircraft instantly without warning. So pax get really angry about it. About the service–well, just hope you get an experienced and great F/A who will show you the great Thai hospitality onboard.

The question of long haul or medium haul. I travelled lately with CX from BAH to HKG non stop ( to HKG around 8 hours/ to BAH around 9 hours). CX management sees this route as medium haul and therefore uses B777 or A330 respectively with old C class lounge seatings or the new regional C seatings. Definitely not a comparison to EY with its C class product. EK has also different kinds of C seatings, like SQ as well which are used ex DXB to Southeast Asia. So TG can only win here, if they consistently use the A340-600 for F pax with that price shown before and keep the long haul food service and not like in a regional F class flight.

About which F lounge is better–TG F BKK is good–but at the moment LH F Terminal in FRA and MUC are the “primus” in the industry–if you have the chance–I definitely recommend trying it.

mussaman
    Participant

its only ‘good as they have binned the USA long flight and put this aircraft on the Dubai leg

flying from london on ancient 747s ..albeit with the new beds – its a different story..its ‘accceptable’ but way past its best

the 747s have knackered tiny toliets, snacks between meals consist of terrrible sarnies and thats about it. beds already getting a touch worn and very hard….

plus side to thai in biz/first is the fast track when leaving BKK, trumping all other airlines ….. hassle free check in and customs/immigration

KSHaggag
    Participant

I had visited the LH F terminal in Dec 04 …it was great ..seems i need to revisit it as the TG F lounge seemed more glittering and brighter …have well noted the hint about the MUC F lounge ..will route myself via MUC soon to sample it ….

golfpro
    Participant

Vintage are you suggesting that I fly DXB-FRA-BKK so I can have a German serve me? Or has BA sacked you and you are left to work for BMI now (i.e. Lufthansa)). Times must be bad!!!!!! You may be comparing the service to Easyjet next when your stocks are dried up. Maybe you will review all the cheap carriers against one another. At least that would be Apples and Apples. Rather than Apples and Dummies!!! STICK TO THE SUBJECT!

Hicham10
    Participant

Ohh why so upset, calm down dear….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls