Tests on arrival to reduce quarantine to a week

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013813][/postquote]

By the way – another problem with the functionality of this forum.

Many of the quotes on here are not as they appear – the one above was from Canucklad not me.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Accra Airport re-opened on ! September and the requirements are a negative PCR result within 72 hours of arrival, followed by a second PCR test at the airport on arrival. Results of the airport test takes around half an hour. Provided the result is negative there is no further quarantine requirement. Also, if you leave Ghana for less than one week, you do not need to test again on return.

One can questions the reliability of the tests themselves, but the policy is certainly helping Ghana to open up again and, as it stands, COVID rates remain very low and pretty stable.

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-travellers-can-shorten-quarantine-on-arrival-from-next-month-but-theyll-have-to-pay-for-it-12140735

I watched Grant Shapps this morning on Sky talking about the “fantastic news” regarding possibly reducing to 5 days self isolation from 30 days for UK arrivals. Perhaps they would like to enforce the rules and actually tell passengers about the self isolation/quarantine rules on arrival. I hear through various sources that passengers are still walking through immigration halls, not handing in their slips of paper, not finding anyone to ask and simply believing, no one telling them = free to enter UK with no restrictions.

As for enforcing the non holiday travel over the last 3 weeks…. again, it appears another unenforceable rule.. largely ignored by those who wish to do so…

Please G-d the vaccine programme is rolled out sharpish… Looking forward to taking my place in the Q..

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls