Terminal 3 LHR – Which Business lounge to use

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• SenatorGold
    Participant

On the wider point of access to other One World lounges, last month I was flying on BA in Club from Beirut to LHR. BA use a contract lounge at Beirut, so I thought I’d try the Qatar lounge at the airport. However, I couldn’t get in: the Qatar lady on reception told me that the airport wouldn’t allow them to extend access to passengers travelling on other One World airlines.

MarkivJ
    Participant

I’m flying to marseille on BA (T3) so really excited I’ll get to use the QF lounge for the first time (I’ve tried all the others, love CX the most).

CocktailMike
    Participant

Slightly confused on some of the replies – But Silver BA is One World Sapphire – so according to Cathay Pacific’s website – access is allowed for One World Sapphire plus one guest.
    I am doing a similar trip in December – LHR T3 to Budapest on BA economy. I am BA Silver (my wife is only blue) – So I’m planning to use the Cathay lounge. I think this is possible?
    Im not planning to lounge hop – so which should I choose? AA, Qantas or Cathay?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Honestly, CocktailMike, everyone’s tastes are different. The lounges are all in one corridor within 100 yards of each other (might even be 100 feet, come to think about it), so you really should lounge-hop and make your own choice – and that is definitely the best recommendation you will get on here. As oneworld sapphire you can use any (or all!) of the lounges, with a guest.

Happy travels!

BugAdvisor
    Participant

Like most things in life, there isn’t one perfect solution. You may want a sports car, but what happens when you want to take an old sofa to the tip?

The BA lounges have a lot of space – the First lounge especially so. The bathrooms are individual cabins, so ideal for when you need to freshen up, brush your teeth – I think BA is the only T3 lounge with these. There isn’t an issue with taking newspapers nor magazines. They have bags of crisps – which of course I’m not suggesting you take with you. But the food is usually poor. They have glass litre bottles of water and biscuits in tubs. No Guinness.

The Cathay lounge is a little claustrophobic – the First lounge especially so, although the table service dining in the First lounge is excellent. I love the dim sum – which is also available in the business side. Guinness! They have small bottles of water and single wrapped shortcake biscuits – which of course I’m not suggesting you take with you. Bathrooms are small and busy. I’m pretty sure I saw a sign about not removing newspapers.

Haven’t been to the Qantas nor American yet. I’d swap them all for a pass into the Virgin Clubhouse!

Derek1948
    Participant

As the original poster on this topic, I can agree with IanfromHK. I tried then all and found the Qantas business lounge to be the best, IN M OPINION. Others have their own opinions of course and I certainly wouldn’t argue, each to their own. Try them all, it’s the only way, and make up your own mind. And yes they are certainly all within a few yards of each other.Enjoy, my wife and I certainly did.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls