Taxi ride experiences on your travels

Back to Forum
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

That reminds me of taking a taxi for a very short distance in London once, from Charing Cross to the far end of Pall Mall, it was raining hard and I had a suitcase and was on my way to give a presentation so didn’t want to turn up like a drowned rat.

I hailed a black cab, told the guy I was going to Pall Mall, I said : “I hope you don’t mind I know it’s only a short ride”.
    “No mate, that’s fine, I get £2.50 (whatever it was) as soon as you get in, I’m quite happy mate” and off we go.

Next thing I’m hearing :
    “F***ing c***, f***ing a … hole, tosser …..” this whole string of swearing and abuse, but it didn’t seem to be directed at me so I let it go, but he carried on and on and on, thankfully it was a short trip. Eventually I said :
    “Is there a proble, are you OK.”
    “Nah mate, I’m as ‘appy as a pig in s**t …..”

I don’t know if he had Tourettes or something, or I wondered if he was being sarcastic, but when I got out and paid him, giving him a pretty decent tip, he thanked me very pleasantly.

It was a rather surreal experience!

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls