Tarom A318 Economy (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

RubanJayathas
    Participant

My flying experience with this airline only gets worse and worse with time. I fly this route frequently and even though it is only 1 hr in duration the experience is quite tiring.

We flew to Istanbul on this flight on the 08th of December. I got to the check in with my 7 month baby and there was a very long queue. Fortunately I was spotted by one of the airport staff (not Tarom) and he asked us to come to the business section and checked us in quickly. The lady assigned us seats in row 5. More on this later.

We then proceeded through security and the staff helped us with our infant. We then passed through immigrations where there was another delay because they had to establish that our baby was indeed our baby.

Finally we got to gate 13 which is at the end of the terminal building and waited for boarding to start which was supposed to be at 16:05 hrs. Finally at 16:30 we began to board. Here too there is no priority given for a mother carrying her infant and we had to stand in the queue and got in almost at the end.

It was at this moment we realized that to out horror we were assigned seats in the 3rd row of economy. The seats that had more room for the legs row 3 had been assigned to 3 able bodied men sitting 2 -2 in a 3- 3 seat aircraft.

When we asked the cabin crew about this they pretended to not understand the question and we spent an hour in a cramped space tiring us and the baby out.

I have had interactions with the airline booking staff, the airport staff and the flight crew and overall my experience has been that the employees are unmotivated and simply go through the motions. They are generally unpleasant, not willing to help and overall depressing to have to deal with. When I compare them to the crew of emirates for example the difference is night and day.

The national carrier of Romania does not do justice to the country and and the people it represents.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls