TARGETED, 100% bonus points when buying IHG points

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

tangey1
    Participant

I received what appears to be a targeted offer from IHG, giving me 100% bonus points when buying IHG points.

Best value is buying 26K points (plus 26K bonus) or above, at which point you are getting them for 0.575c per point.

You might be eligible and just not be set up to receive emails. going to buy points via the IHG site will highlight if you are eligible.

full details at:-

http://www.goingonrewards.com/2013/08/intercontinental-ihg-100-bonus-points.html

travelworld
    Participant

I’ve had this too. Does anyone know if you can convert those points into Avios?

tangey1
    Participant

the standard IHG->Avios rate is 10,000->2000.

So with this promotion each Avios would cost you 2.875c (5×0.575) or about 2p per avios. Its a poor rate. I’m not even sure if this is active, as the partner page still shows 10K->250 Airmiles !.

The standard rate of purchasing avios on the BA website is 1.66p per avios. There is a 30% promo at the moment, so you get 31.2K for the price of 24K, a cost of 1.28p per avios.

julmops
    Participant

I took advantage of this offer as I was a few thousand points short for a Rewards night and will need one soon.
    Got 4000 points for about £18.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls