T5 Monorail Pods….when?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• Bucksnet
    Participant

I went in them yesterday as well and they are pretty good, on demand and better than a shuttle bus.

stevescoots
    Participant

used them yesterday, much much better than a bus! something of excellance at a british airport.

I am not taking the grandkids to legoland anymore, I am going to let them ride the T5 mono all day, more fun and less waiting!! haha

ffidrac
    Participant

Used them last Saturday – what an improvement on a bus – no waiting, clean, efficient and you have your own personal space. Great!

RichHI1
    Participant

It looks really amusing when you drive under on perimeter road. A cross between a ride at Disneyland and the Daleks invading earth. Interesting the windows are blacked out. I guess with that shape it is just to difficult to look cool inside if you can be seen. Great news it is finally working. What is the ride length and can I get a fastpass (Disney joke for those without kids).;-)

NTarrant
    Participant

Steve will this bring about a new thread call “obnoxious kids in T5 pods”!!!

JordanD
    Participant

Does anyone remember when BAA said they were going to launch this as access to a variety of facilities across the Northern Perimeter – Car Rental, Hotels, etc? Whatever happened to those plans … I remember a map showing the layout, but unsurprisingly, can’t find it now.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Their website is impossible to navigate. I hope they’ll extend it, but given how long it to to develop the current facility, I wouldn’t hold my breath!

There’s also the risk of an additional runway if the troglodytes get their way, which would require bulldozing of all the carparking off the Bath Road.

DanDare1975
    Participant

I used the pod last weekend and was very impressed. No waiting time either way even though I was using a peak time flight outbound and the business car park was very busy. Comfortable and quick, certainly much more convenient than the buses I’ve previously used at the normal long stay car park (the waiting time for those often seems way longer than the ‘every 10 mins’ quoted by the BAA website) and the extra charge for using the business car park is fairly small.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls