T5 hotels

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Hi all

It looks as if I will have an enforced and (very) short overnight at T5 in September. My inbound gets in at 22.40 and my outbound the next morning is 06.20. Therefore I am not looking for luxury or to pay a fortune. If at Gatwick would happily use the Premier Inn.

I am looking for advice on easiest/ quickest access location and price?

capetonianm
    Participant

The most convenient for T5 is the Sofitel but at close to £200 it would irk me to pay that much for one short night. I’ve only ever been there for breakfast.

There’s a Thistle Hotel fairly close, I dropped friends off there for a very early morning departure, I seem to recall they got a ‘deal’ on it and it was about £50. I believe they are quite good basic hotels, perhaps not quite up to the standard of the Premier Inn, which is my preferred LGW hotel when I have to stay there.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

Try the PI T4. It’s new, easy to reach and has been offering really good rates.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hotel Horror for Heathrow..

If you are landing at 22.40 T5.. by the time you get to the hotel (via shuttle bus – if its still running) will be close to midnight and for a 6.20 am departure, you will need to get a shuttle/taxi back to the airport at 5am… awake at ???

Are there any sleep pods at Heathrow….?

TominScotland
    Participant

Yes, Martyn, I know. Is it permissible to stay airside overnight – almost worth it!! Pity the Lounges close as I would be happy with a doze there!!

That said, I think I might have found an alternative routing to this nightmare……

MartynSinclair
    Participant

There are pods at Heathrow… but they are only open from 6am to 10pm – at £20 per hour in T3. Presumably to stop passengers using them as a cheap overnight hotel option!!!

https://no1lounges.com/service/pod-bedroom/london-heathrow/terminal-3

I have only managed to stay in airside overnight in the SIA lounge in Singapore..

I am not sure whether you can go through flight connections late at night with a boarding pass for the following morning, but personally, I would try and sit it out either landside or in the foyer of the Sofitel…

I would not spend £200 for a hotel for what basically would be 4 hours sleep… even if it was tax deductible…..

ViajeroUK
    Participant

The Thistle Heathrow does have the advantage of connections with T5 by automatic Pods, which should save time compared to a ‘bus transfer to another off site hotel.

Have used it a couple of times, no frills, compact bedrooms, but advance rates (with car parking) reasonable. Paid for return Pod transfers at the hotel, with a code to access the hotel upon return, not sure how it works for new arrivals from Pod transfers.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Yotel T4 – a pod hotel, but high quality.

http://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/london-heathrow-airport

Bookable for a minimum of 4 hours, have used it a number of times (and the one at LGW) and always been happy.

Jackanory
    Participant

I often end up paying approx £100-110 a night (after Topcashback rebate) for the Sofitel when booked directly and well in advance or through Lastminute.com if booked closer to the date of stay. Both Accor and Lastminute usually give about 15% cash back.

esselle
    Participant

Assuming you get landside by 11.15, and you have to be airside again by say 05.45, I would bite the financial bullet and go to the Sofitel. The rooms are brilliant and you will at least get a decent, if not short, sleep, and a good shower in the morning.

K1ngston
    Participant

I have to agree with eselle here, with the hassle and the short amount of time you have why go through the rigamarole of finding something when you have on the doorstep… I do get the financial implication but for ease it has to be the Sofitel…

JPNU
    Participant

The Sofitel is convenient but unfortunately that is all it has going for it. I would take a Travel Lodge before staying there again.

My last stay was a year or so ago. I checked in and was first shown to a room that had not yet been cleaned after the last guest, there were issues getting lounge access, the lounge was filled with children running around in circles (literally – they were running around in circles), food and drink ran out ten minutes after service started and the staff were unhelpful and unbothered.

This is not the level of service I have come to expect from the Sofitel or anywhere with Sofitel prices. I would not stay there again. And I say that as an Accor LeClub platinum member. I use the brand frequently and the Heathrow hotel is the only one I have ever had issues with.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls