T-Mobile eliminate international roaming charges – only if you are a US subscriber :-(

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

PhilipHart
    Participant

T-Mobile Hands Consumers a Pleasant Shocker

T-Mobile – and indeed all the other UK carriers – should also be doing this, with immediate effect.

If so, they would be seen as great consumer champions, and receive lots of much-needed positive PR.

But no doubt they will just continue to gouge the public. Until, that is, they are forced to change by “Steelie” Neelie Kroes!

(For those who would rather cut and paste the URL, rather than simply click the hyperlink above, the article can be found at – http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/t-mobile-hands-consumers-a-pleasant-shocker/ )

ImissConcorde
    Participant

We can look forward to increases!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24475802

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I wouldn’t trust anything T Mobile/EE say, even in writing.

I recently agreed to stay with the firm and upgrade to a Q10,based on the business 1 tariff and being able to purchase a £15 monthly booster for international roaming (including the main countries I travel to USA and Thailand).

On my recent trip to Thailand, my account for data roaming became blocked and I was forced to call T Mobile/EE with international call charges as there was no other way of contacting them.

Despite having in writing that I can use this benefit, despite being charged for the past 3 months £15 for the booster, it was confirmed that the booster was not valid and would not work on the Q10, only on the bold and curve. T Mobile also confirmed I had been double charged and out of the goodness of their heart they will refund the £15 cost of the cost of the booster, but would not refund any additional roaming charges.

I just cant be bothered to take this firm to court over these additional charges – they clearly are liars…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls